Wu Yee is seeking experienced early childhood Lead Teachers who share our commitment to providing infants, toddlers, and preschoolers full access to early learning opportunities that pave the way to bright futures. We operate 12 child development centers in the San Francisco communities where Head Start is most needed. If you thrive in culturally inclusive classrooms, want training and professional development, and support a multi-disciplinary family model, come join our squad of dedicated educators as we continue to expand our services!
Lead Teacher Responsibilities:
- Designs and adopts curriculums to expand developmental competencies based on child assessment data and school readiness goals.
- Visual supervision of children at all times, maintaining required teacher: child ratio.
- Maintains a safe and inclusive environment by monitoring daily activities, identifying needs for special family support and services.
- Completes timely and accurate documentation of family/child records and portfolios.
- Conducts and oversees formal classroom observations and assessments; creates action plans for program improvements.
- Collaborates with the Center Manager on professional development plans for teaching staff.
- Ensures IFSP/IEP goals are supported through integration in lesson plans and classroom routines.
- Conducts parent-teacher conferences, home visits, case conferences, multi-disciplinary meetings and directs resource referrals.
- Models and teaches children appropriate social skills, health, and hygiene practices, including tooth brushing, toilet training, hand washing, etc.
- CA Teacher Permit
- AA Degree in ECE/CD or AA Degree in Social Science w/24 ECE/CD units
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Lead Infant Toddler and Lead Toddler positions require 6 infant/toddler units
- Two years of teaching experience with young children
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
- Bilingual in English/Chinese or English/Spanish is a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
- A competitive salary of $23.76 - 29.11 per hour
- Additional $100 per pay period stipend at Kirkwood, Golden Gate, and Cadillac centers
- Fully paid employee health, dental, and vision
- 403b with matching contribution after 1 year
- 13 holidays, 10 days vacation, and paid sick leave
- Lots of opportunity for advancement across the organization
- Extensive paid training and professional development
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified. Wu Yee Children’s Services is an equal opportunity employer.