110 Cooper Street
Under the general direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist will provide a full range of human resources services including: benefits and HRIS administration, employee relations, training, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance. The HR Generalist will also work closely with various colleagues and departments to provide HR administrative support by implementing systems, procedures, and policies as needed.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
The following is an overview of the duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. The employee may perform other duties as required.
- Support HR department with transactional data entry for employment-related status changes, prepare reports as needed and ensure processes in place for data integrity.
- Partner with Human Resources team to roll out company wide compliance programs and maintain internal policy administration.
- Conduct recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt staff including new-employee orientations, verifies I-9 work eligibility and maintains personnel files following legal compliance.
- Assist with talent development projects as needed including enrollment and communication with staff regarding upcoming learning opportunities.
- Optimize current EEO/AAP processes and systems including Annual Plans, internal reporting, compliance review responses, EEO-1, Vets 4212 and ADA 1095c reports and process and submit these reports.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve HR/Legal compliance administration and information processing procedures and systems.
- Generate scheduled and ad-hoc reports to support HR and other corporate departments as needed including but not limited to audits, company demographics, location specific information, and other requests as assigned.
- Coordinate annual review and update of company-wide policies with direction from Legal department.
- Edit content including company announcements, presentations, policies, forms, training material, etc.
- Maintain personnel records both electronic and paper consistent with HIPAA regulations.
- Ensure compliance of NTC policies and practices with industry guidelines and applicable laws.
- Coordinate administration of internal HR trainings and on-boarding procedures.
- Assist with other duties and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Communication and/or related field
- Minimum of two to four (2-4) years in a business operations role (HR,, Administrative, etc.).
- Hands-on experience in HR compliance administration with good understanding and knowledge regulatory and filing requirements. Audit experience a plus.
- Willingness to show initiative in solving problems and finding answers.
- Ability to use discretion when handling confidential/sensitive information.
- Demonstrated success with administrative and operational functions in a team environment.
- Solid reading & writing skills. Attention to detail a must!
- Proficiency with database/reporting functions. Basic Microsoft Office & Google suite experience.
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in order to deliver under competing deadlines.
- Industry experience in non-profit is preferred.
- Strong drive for results and ability to get projects/tasks complete in a timely manner.
***This position will be based in the Santa Cruz headquarters office with the option to work remotely on occasion.
ADA Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Work normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Limited physical effort required
- Hearing, repetitive hand motions, sitting, talking, typing
- Some minimal travel may be required
New Teacher Center offers an outstanding benefit package to all eligible staff! Below is a list of some of the benefits you’ll have access to:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), dependent care, parking & transit program
- Generous paid holiday, vacation, and sick time
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Life insurance
- Professional development
- Most importantly, we offer a collaborative, kind, and supportive environment with colleagues who are passionate about improving education
Minimum Education Required