Women’s Lunch Place is looking for a personable, detail-oriented person to join our team. This is an exciting position for someone looking to enter the non-profit world and develop their skills in the Development, Volunteer, and Administration spheres.
Ideal candidates are comfortable working on many different projects simultaneously. Flexibility is required to prioritize and support operations, understanding that sometimes the level of duties in each department will vary. Volunteer duties include providing administrative support to the Volunteer Manager in screening, interviewing, and scheduling volunteers. Development duties will include providing administrative support in maintaining our donor database, donation acknowledgment, and event campaign support. General office administrative duties will include supporting the Executive Director with monthly and ad hoc Board document preparation, communication, and scheduling. This position provides exposure and experience in multiple facets of non-profit administration.
Reports to: Volunteer Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Exempt Status: Exempt
Position Status: Full Time (40 hours per week, Mon-Fri), Occasional Evenings/weekends
TO APPLY: Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process online volunteer applications. Email or call to arrange interviews with applicants.
- Run volunteer Orientation programs.
- Assist with the scheduling of and communication to all volunteers.
- Maintain Volunteer Database (Volgistics) for accuracy. Review schedules and reconcile service hours data.
- Maintain relationships with program managers overseeing volunteers.
- Assist with special visitor groups – conduct tours, answer questions, oversee projects.
- Assist with maintaining updated print materials and information for volunteers, including writing, and producing the bi-monthly volunteer newsletter, volunteer appreciation efforts, and training activities.
- Maintain the data accuracy in Raiser’s Edge, Greater Giving, and Email databases. Clean the database regularly.
- Manage record-keeping for solicitation and cultivation of event sponsors and supporters, including invoicing and tracking attendees' and guests’ information.
- Assist with Fundraising software and electronic giving sites as well as social media giving platform.
- Responsible for timely gift processing and acknowledgements; including donation acknowledgement letter and IHO/IMO acknowledgement.
- Assist with Mother’s Day and Holiday Card Campaigns and event fulfillment.
- Manage weekly and monthly income reports and assist the accounting department on cash reconciliations.
- Work with Senior Associate, Development Operations to conduct preliminary research on grants.
- Maintain current accreditations of all federal, state, and local grant requirements including SAMS registration, Certificates of Good Standing, and Certificates of Solicitation.
- Assist with supporting all aspects of the two signature fundraising events including direct mail, printed collateral material, donor communications, registration, silent auction, raffles, and registration logistics for day of event and volunteer supervision.
- Provide administrative support as needed on all fundraising initiatives, including campaigns, special appeals, cultivation events, and in-kind solicitations.
- Prepare materials and presentations for meetings and events of all committees.
- Support community led fundraising events (occasional evening and weekend attendance).
- Represent WLP at conferences and outreach tables as needed.
- Coordinate and send administrative, development and financial mailings.
- Prepare all Board and other committee information packets update Board Manual annually, attend and take minutes at monthly Board meetings (evenings).
- Scan bills and daily deposit report to accountant on a weekly basis.
- Create nametags, business cards, building IDs for all new employees.
- Update and maintain staff phone lists.
- Distribute and collect timesheets.
- Assist with running payroll.
- Assist with mail pick up, banking, and other errands as needed.
- Monitor office supplies, copier/postage machine maintenance.