1700 S. Rampart
Roots of Renewal is a community development organization working in New Orleans to elevate formerly incarcerated neighbors to construct more dignified futures for themselves and their communities. We offer construction job training, social services, professional development, and mentorship to formerly incarcerated young men. We purchase blighted properties and employ formerly incarcerated people to renovate them while learning valuable skills in residential renovation.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Roots of Renewal's staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
She or he will ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, communications, fundraising, and systems. She or he will actively engage the staff, board, volunteers, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders. (S)he will work to develop, maintain, and support a strong board and build board involvement with the strategic direction of the organization, as well as lead, develop, and train high quality staff.
In fundraising and communications (s)he will work to expand and maintain fundraising and revenue generating activities to support existing programming and scale. (S)he will deepen and refine all methods of communication, including online presence, social media, and in-person communications with the goal of creating a stronger brand. (S)he will also use his/her external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities for the organization.
The Executive Director will design the growth and scaling of Roots of Renewal, build partnerships, and communicate program results to the public. In addition, the Executive Director will also manage some day-to-day operations and programmatic tasks, such as overseeing administrative tasks and working directly with program participants to help ensure their success.
A commitment to equity and racial justice is paramount. Experience working with individuals from low-income backgrounds or communities that have been directly affected by mass incarceration is strongly recommended. Those with personal experience in the criminal justice system are encouraged to apply.
(S)he will be thoroughly committed to the mission of Roots of Renewal to elevate our formerly incarcerated neighbors to construct more dignified futures for themselves and their communities. All candidates should have proven leadership and relationship management experience. The following qualities are encouraged:
- Track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com