Details: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
About the Position
The ELA/Literacy Specialist will be responsible for leading the development, curation, and review of standards-aligned ELA and literacy content (i.e. lessons, professional development, tools, etc.) for the Student Achievement Partners website. The ELA/Literacy Specialist will help to surface new content needs and manage the strategic revision of existing resources to ensure that they meet the needs of educators seeking online support, resources, and tools in ELA/literacy.
● Identify gaps in understanding and educator needs in the field
● Support the development of a content strategy and help prioritize creation of new materials to reach a broad audience of educators
● Develop, curate, and review CCR-aligned content for achievethecore.org
● Review and revise existing content to better meet the needs of the achievethecore.org audience
● Manage consultants efficiently and effectively to ensure that the content they create is high-quality, CCR-aligned, and on time
● Collaborate with other content-areas specialists to develop and share expertise
Additionally, Student Achievement Partners offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Eligible candidates must have expertise in teaching, content development, and the Common Core and/or other college- and career-ready standards. Above all, any candidate must have a demonstrated commitment to educational equity.
● BA required, advanced degree preferred.
● Minimum of 5 years of experience strongly preferred: teaching in related field; content development; coaching, training, or advising K-12 classroom teachers.
● Passion for and deep knowledge of education, literacy, and the Common Core State Standards.
● Solutions-oriented and a collaborative team player.
● Commitment to excellence and a diligent work ethic.
● Demonstration of excellent written and oral communication skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
· Send resume and one-page letter of interest to Lisa Goldschmidt (email@example.com).
1. If you had to choose the most important trait or skill for this role, which would you choose and why? Describe how you’ve demonstrated this skill or trait. (max 500 words)
2. Provide a sample work product or video that highlights your experience and qualifications for this role.
· In the subject line, include the source of job listing and the position you are applying for. "Idealist - ELA/Literacy Specialist (TCR Team)”