Reporting to the Senior Manager, Membership and Digital Giving, the Development Associate, Membership and Digital Giving will be responsible for supporting the membership and digital giving programs at 92nd Street Y. This will include implementing membership and digital giving strategy, and the production and analysis of results. The Associate will also be responsible for executing several mailings and other donor communications and assisting with donor events as needed.
Please note that to be considered for this opportunity a personalized cover letter is required along with a resume.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Assist with the execution and oversight of the Friends of 92Y membership program and email and mail communications including acquisitions and renewals, year-end campaigns, the production of targeted mailing lists, copy, collateral, and coordination with Patron Insights team
- Draft and edit copy for mail solicitations, newsletters, and other stewardship communications
- Build donor communication emails, including solicitations, e-newsletters, invitations, stewardship touchpoints, using SalesForce Marketing Cloud and coordinate building and importing corresponding lists
- Coordinate monthly donor renewal schedule and execute email solicitations by producing email lists, building email in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and routing for approval
- Act as one of the lead development representatives on the Friends of 92Y hotline and email inbox
- Work with the Director, Membership and Digital Giving to maintain the project schedule and ensure timely production and completion of membership mailings and emails
- Work with Development Operations staff to ensure accurate gift coding and produce acknowledgments in a timely manner; support gift entry for processing monthly donor contributions
- Regular auditing of membership rules and ensuring membership and donation alignment in donor records
- Maintain 92Y donor communication schedule using a shared document
- Assist with identifying and producing targeted mailing lists
- Assist with implementing digital giving strategy, help maintain seamless user experience on the website for current and prospective donors, and explore new opportunities for digital engagement for donors
- Track performance metrics to draw meaningful conclusions and make recommendations to improve effectiveness of campaigns and increase giving levels
- Help develop relationships with direct mail consultants, mail houses, and printing suppliers providing guidance and responding to queries as directed
- Maintain a physical and digital database of completed mail/email projects
- Ensure invoices are paid timely and act as primary contact with vendors to resolve discrepancies as needed
- Assist with special projects as assigned, including special mailings, donor events, research of internal and external benchmarks, prospect research, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-3 years of experience with membership or annual giving; experience with or strong interest in digital giving a plus
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in recording information
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding telephone and interpersonal skills required to deal with the public, including major and high-profile donors, board members and with internal colleagues
- Experience with Tessitura, Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising databases required; Tessitura experience preferred along with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm with a 1 hour unpaid meal break.