DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. With more than a 70- year history, DECA has impacted the lives of more than ten million students, educators, school administrators and business professionals. DECA’s programs and activities have constantly evolved as we use the latest technology and apply cutting edge educational research, while our core focus has remained consistent and is captured in our mission. DECA Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit student organization with more than 235,000 members in all 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Canada, China, Germany, Guam, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Spain. The United States Congress, the United States Department of Education and state, district and international departments of education authorize DECA’s programs.
About the opportunity:
The receptionist is a key member of the DECA Inc. team and is often the first person meeting and speaking to guests. It is important that this person be professional and welcoming, while providing excellent customer service. This is a part-time position with a 4-hour shift Monday-Friday.
· Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
· Manage the front and back door through video feed and unlock door remotely for visitors
· Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk
· Alert team members through email and phone of visitors as necessary
· Monitor the reception email address and reply to emails promptly
· Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
· Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
· Receive, sort and distribute mail and packages
· Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing as needed
· Experience in a reception, clerical or customer service role is required
· Professional and positive attitude
· Solid written and verbal communication skills
· Competency in typical Microsoft Office products (Outlook and Word)
· Familiarity with Skype for Business preferred
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively with minimal direct supervision.
· Effective customer service skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group of internal and external customers.
How to apply:
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title of "Receptionist" in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Successful applicants will be asked to participate in an in-person interview.
Associates degree or equivalent, and at least one-year experience in an
administrative/customer service support role.
Minimum Education Required