4380 Carmel Valley Road
About the Position: MEarth is looking for an enthusiastic addition to our team, someone who knows the value of serving as the administrative and programmatic support person for a staff of seven. Specifically, our Office Manager takes the lead on coordinating all of MEarth’s administrative functions, as well as scheduling and managing our complex programming calendars. This position is a critical role at MEarth, as s/he interfaces with the entire staff. Applicants should have a high attention to detail, be able to oversee multiple projects at once, and be technologically competent. Challenges should be a source of inspiration and opportunity, not dread and overwhelmingness. This position is integral to our growing organization, which has recently launched a five year strategic plan, an associated Sustainable Business Plan, and is celebrating its ten year anniversary.
● Act as outward facing, first-point of contact for visitors and clients at MEarth. Maintain warm and professional presence on the telephone and in person.
● Work closely with the Executive Director and staff to determine best ways to develop streamlined systems and workflow in the office.
● Be passionate about how to create best administrative practices, including filing, strategies for a “paperless office”, and establishing/refining functional systems.
● Oversee best practices in database management systems for customer relations, grant tracking, donor giving campaigns. Maintain all existing databases: Google Drive, NeonCRM, and Quickbooks.
● Train staff in the organization and maintenance of our Google Drive.
● Collect mail and make necessary bank deposits on a daily/weekly basis, and maintain necessary paper trail.
● Track & manage all accounts receivable/payable relating to contracts.
● Interface regularly with the Bookkeeper to ensure seamless information input into the Quickbooks system.
● Work closely with the staff to manage meeting schedules to ensure maximum effectiveness. Assist Executive Director in creating agendas, taking meeting minutes, and managing special projects.
● Support the timely and efficient communication in the office, with the Board, and with external partners and stakeholders.
● Help troubleshoot technological problems for the team.
Fund Development Support
● Work with Executive Director to help oversee fundraising and granting activities, including tracking and managing all grant reporting.
● Work with Executive Director and communications staff to design and deliver quarterly funding appeals.
● Schedule and manage programming calendars, including scheduling and communicating with program partners (as directed by the Program Director).
● Assist Program Director in tracking timelines and creating systems for gathering grant-related expenditures and program demographics.
● Capture all program-related demographic data in database, for use in grant reporting and other organizational storytelling.
● Assist Program Director and Executive Director with producing reports for grants and budgeting.
Education and Experience:
● Educational Requirement: B.A. or B.S in related field or commensurate work experience.
● Experience Required: Minimum two years of work experience in office, project management setting.
● Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well - in a wide range of situations - with program participants (youth and adults, peers, volunteers, interns, clients, others.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Strong attention to detail, particularly regarding administrative systems, databases, accounts receivable/payable, and scheduling.
● Demonstrated skill and expertise in accomplishing work-related tasks – with accuracy, precision, completeness, neatness, and quantity.
● Demonstrated knowledge of work-related software, systems, equipment, materials, and fundamental subject matter. ● Strong database skills.
● Well versed in Apple products and Google platforms (Gmail, Google Calendars, Drive).
● Capable of establishing and maintaining friendly, cooperative, and effective working relationships with all persons contacted in the course of work. Maintain a positive attitude and enthusiasm for work, and ability to adapt to change.
● Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
● Effective and efficient work habits, including organization of work, punctuality, and dependability.
● Can work independently and collaboratively.
● Demonstrated good judgment, promptness of action, and sound decision making.
● Proficiency in graphic programs preferred, including Adobe Creative Suite.
Required Physical Capabilities: Inherent in one or more of the essential functions of this position are the following essential physical requirements:
● Ability to see for purposes of reading instructions, labels, and other printed matter and for the safe operation of equipment.
● Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels in person and/or on the telephone.
● Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand a normal conversation in person and/or on the telephone.
● Ability to operate a computer, typewriter, calculator, copy machine, telephone and other office equipment with dexterity and in a safe and efficient manner.
● Ability to routinely lift and carry supplies and materials weighing up to 25 pounds.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please follow the link below to apply. No phone calls please.
Successful completion of the hiring process is contingent on applicant passing a multi-agency live-scan fingerprint/background check. (paid for by MEarth) Women, people of color and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. MEarth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.