KIPP LA Schools is a non-profit organization that operates free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public charter schools serving students in South, Southeast, and East Los Angeles. KIPP LA’s mission is to teach the academic skills, foster the intellectual habits, and cultivate the character traits needed for our students to thrive in school, college, and life. Through the success of our students, KIPP LA's team and family will serve as a model of excellence and collaborate with others to raise the quality of education in Los Angeles.
KIPP LA currently operates 17 schools and serves approximately 7,200 students. Our team is expanding rapidly; over the next five years, we will more than double the number of students we serve.
- This position’s primary responsibility will be to coordinate and provide technical support for KIPP LA Schools team and family including oversight of the support ticketing system
- The position will have primary responsibility over the computer imaging process for student and staff computers, including Apple, Windows and Chromebook platforms
- The ideal candidate for this position is an excellent communicator who enjoys working with teachers, students and technology
- The candidate needs to possess strong organization and self-management skills
- He/she also needs to hold a valid driver’s license and have dependable transportation, as travel between school locations will be required
Technical Support Services
- Provide excellent first-response technical support to all KIPP LA staff, including but not limited to: troubleshooting software and hardware, printing, replacements/upgrades, data migration, Smartphone support, Instructional Technology support, software installation, etc
- Provide helpful and timely response and resolution to all help desk requests
- Assist with providing technology orientation and training to KIPP LA staff
- Work with technology team to recommend and implement improvements to support services
Students & Staff Device Provisioning
- Assist with provisioning and deployment of all new staff and student technology devices including Macbooks, Chromebooks, Windows PCs, Tablets, Cellular and Desk phones, etc
- Perform computer imaging tasks including image updates, one-off deployments, and yearly global refresh cycle
- Work with technology team to research, evaluate and recommend changes to the master images, new computer models, operating systems, software, and peripherals
- Update and maintain technology inventory database.
Network Troubleshooting & Support
- Provide first-response technical support for all network related issues at all school sites
- Assist in maintenance of network infrastructures, including switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Escalate network issues to next-level support
- Monitor, manage, and assist external consultants with projects and repairs as necessary.
- Commitment to KIPP LA’s mission and values
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative
- Minimum 1-3 years in supporting technology – preferably with experience in an educational institution
- General proficiency with mainstream computer platforms
Minimum Education Required