Details: $30,000 to $40,000 annually for full-time or $15-$18 for part-time commensurate on experience
203-05 32nd Avenue
ORGANIZATION: Korean Community Services of Metropolitan New York, Inc.
POSITION TITLE: Facilities Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Founded in 1973 as the first community-based social service agency targeting the Korean population, The Korean Community Services of Metropolitan New York, Inc. (KCS) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) multi-social service organization supported by government agencies, foundations, corporations and concerned individuals. The objectives of KCS are to develop and deliver a broad range of social service programs to meet the various needs of the community. In order to achieve these objectives, KCS provides various professional community service programs in the areas of Community, Aging, Workforce Development, Public Health, and Mental Health.
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Facilities Coordinator works as the first contact that will ensure building function and maintenance, troubleshooting, and ensuring smooth day-to-day operations of KCS. The Facilities Coordinator reports to the Operations Manager. This position is either full-time or part-time and may require working on weekends and evenings.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Receive shipments and store inventory for programs and general office operations
- Create and maintain inventory list for supplies needed by KCS staff
- Maintain and troubleshoot the facility spaces and equipment in an efficient manner
- Act as primary contact for all initial reports for any work orders and requests that are reported
- Organize and archive work orders and follow-up on job completion
- Room and equipment setup according to program needs and rental requests
- Custodial tasks such as cleaning and waste removal
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned further beyond described
- At least 1-2 years of work experience in facility maintenance and custodial skills preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of building repairs and maintenance preferred
- Ability to lift and carry heavy items as needed.
- Well organized and manages their time efficiently
- Ability to multi-task effectively & comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving nature, responds with urgency and creativity
- Excellent communication skills, including in person, by phone, and by email
- Cultural competency and experience working in urban communities of color
- The ability to communicate in English and/or Korean preferred
- Competitive benefits package including 4 weeks paid vacation plus 23 paid time off including holidays, sick days, and personal days
- Health insurance, commuter benefits and a retirement package
Level of Language Proficiency
The ability to communicate in Korean preferred but not required.
Minimum Education Required