1401 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Founded in 2013, Issue One is a nonpartisan, nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to political reform and government ethics in order to strengthen democracy and return government to the American people.
We are committed to making meaningful progress and aspire to improve and change American democracy. We have a healthy disregard for what’s considered impossible, and strive always to think boldly and take risks.
Issue One seeks an energetic, focused and productive Operations Coordinator to provide essential administrative and operational support to a fast-growing, high-impact organization. The Operations Coordinator is the "go- to" person for the Chief Operating Officer, serves as executive assistant to the Chief Executive Officer and is the office manager. This is a great starter position for a career in political nonprofits with room for promotion and growth within the organization.
- Manage Chief Executive Officer’s (CEO’s) calendar;
- Manage CEO’s travel arrangements;
- Ensure CEO has necessary materials for all trips, meetings, calls and events;
- Coordinate CEO’s calendar with other Issue One staff as needed;
- Manage CEO’s expense and time allocation reporting.
- Run the internship program, including recruiting, training, and managing all Issue One interns;
- Coordinate with all outside vendors, such as IT providers and printing services;
- Schedule and staff board meetings and calls;
- Assist with scheduling, planning and staffing of conference calls, meetings and convenings;
- Manage all staff travel arrangements;
- Answer phones, direct calls, take messages and ensure pleasant, courteous and professional interactions with all who contact Issue One;
- Address any technological needs of staff/office;
- Assist with onboarding Issue One’s new hires;
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with Issue One staff, board members, funders, advisers and other stakeholders;
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail, and maintain online and paper filing systems;
- Maintain office supply inventory.
- Work with the development team by assisting with donor file management, depositing checks and helping with donor mailings;
- Assist with special projects, such as outreach to local stakeholders and promotion of Issue One publications and events;
- Manage administrative aspects of grantmaking program, such as processing applications, creating files and ensuring grantees meet contractual deadlines;
- Other tasks as may be assigned. There is no task “beneath” the Operations Coordinator because the Operations Coordinator has their hand in everything!
- Candidate must have at least two (2) years experience (including relevant internships) in an administrative support capacity;
- Exceptionally strong writing and oral communication skills;
- Must keep self and work files organized;
- Demonstrated ability to be entrusted with sensitive information and conduct daily activities with the utmost professionalism and integrity;
- Demonstrated ability to manage details, solve problems, and follow through on assignments with minimal direct supervision;
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization including: staff, consultants, colleagues, volunteers, donors, and the general public;
- Must be confident, outgoing, courteous, and professional in all written and verbal communications;
- Must have strong personal work ethic and time management skills;
- Demonstrated experience with software including: Google platform and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint;
- Strong attention to detail; demonstrated experience with copy editing a plus;
- A great sense of humor and can-do attitude are a must!
Issue One an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, LGBT and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
This will be a full-time position based in Washington, D.C. Some travel is required.
Salary & Benefits
Issue One offers competitive salaries, including benefits for all full-time employees. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter in a single document, labeled with your name and “Operations Coordinator search” in the subject line to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Due to the volume of applications, we will unfortunately not be able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. No phone calls please.
Minimum Education Required