Employer: Village Enterprise
Industry: Nonprofit/International Development/Social Entrepreneurship
Function: Development, Marketing and Communications
Duration: Two-year commitment with opportunity to extend
Location: San Carlos, CA
Job Title: Development Manager
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Director of Development and Communications
Start Date: September 1, 2018
Travel: This role will not require significant travel.
About the Job:
The Development Manager has responsibility for functions pertaining to both individual fundraising and marketing and communications. The Development Manager assists in cultivating prospective donors and attaining new donations, primarily through online fundraising. S/he also perform donor research, designs campaigns, produces reports, and performs routine data entry and other administrative duties. The Development Manager keeps our website updated and running smoothly, manages electronic communications including monthly e-blasts and individual and institutional donor communications, and performs A/B testing to determine the most successful marketing strategies.
- Design and execute online campaigns and peer-to-peer fundraising strategies
- Prepare quarterly gift renewal letters
- Help produce donor materials, draft thank you letters, and manage other ongoing correspondence with individual donors in conjunction with Development Director
- Ensure that welcome letter is sent to all new donors
- Manage communications with all broad-based donors
- Maintain donor records, pull lists for mailings and analysis as needed.
- Research fundraising best practices and develop new opportunities and ideas
- Manage the planning and execution of donor events and activities
- Manage existing local external fundraising partnerships and networks, and seek new opportunities
- Assist in development of marketing strategies/marketing initiatives
- Ensure that all new donors are screened with wealth research engine, and assign rating for each, with special attention to major gift prospects.
- Recruit and manage volunteers and interns where needed and desirable
- Assist with other Development Department projects as needed.
Website and Marketing:
- Maintain and regularly update website; keep a running inventory of updates/new content needed; project manage to completion
- Assist in optimizing content according to industry best practices in SEO
- Manage creation, production and distribution of monthly ‘e-blast’ newsletter and other individual and institutional donor- directed communications
- Manage email marketing lists; perform A/B testing
- Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and user engagement metrics
- Stay up-to-date with developments in the field of poverty alleviation and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
- Support Village Enterprise communications team for social media campaigns (as needed)
- Update and maintain presence on nonprofit evaluation sites including GuideStar, Charity Navigator, and Great Non-Profits
- Maintain and regularly update inventory of marketing materials
- Manage distribution of articles, blogs, and information about Village Enterprise to partners and other LMOs
- Manage relationships with Classy, Community Boost, and Give Tide, and others
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Development Manager who enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and a skilled communicator. This person will enjoy engaging with our donors, taking a leadership position in increasing our online visibility, and developing creative and impactful donor communications.
Candidates that meet the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Passion for poverty alleviation
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to initiate, plan, and execute projects
- Experience in website management and digital marketing
- Experience in Salesforce data entry and reporting
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with social media marketing
- Flexibility, patience and a sense of humor
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint templates
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with Mailchimp
- Knowledge of HTML, Wordpress, CSS and Java script
- Familiarity and experience with Adobe Creative Suite
Village Enterprise provides health insurance, as well as matching employee contributions to our retirement plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through our application portal at https://villageenterprise.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=25. Your cover letter should explain why your experience and background make you the ideal candidate for this position, and should be no more than one page.
Note: Please do not contact Village Enterprise to inquire as to the status of your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.