K-6 Teachers will perform in the capacity of self contained academic practitioner combining enrichment experiences and character development. Using a blended learning curriculum, the Teacher will lead lessons and activities for scholars that will support academic skill development and supports the core learning objectives. Teachers will deliver group and individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; collaborate with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators; and proactively engage dialogue with students’ parents or guardians regarding instructional program and student progress.
• A passion for working with students and families in under-served communities
• High sense of possibility; unwavering commitment that every student receives a quality instruction & achieves at high levels
• Demonstrates a wide range of instructional techniques based on instructional and content based best practices
• Previous experience with blended-learning and/or technology based curriculum preferred
• Effective pedagogical skills driven by in the standards and data driven assessment and promote critical thinking, and problem solving
• High proficiency of grade-level standards, benchmarks, and curriculum
• Proficiency in backwards planning and unit design
• Experience informing parents about student progress, providing daily, weekly and quarterly feedback
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
• Florida Teachers Certificate or out of state equivalent for appropriate grade level and/or subject area assignment; no license, or expired license does not meet position eligibility
• 3+ years experience preferred; with demonstrated results with primary, intermediate or middle grade levels
• Bilingual; preferred, not required
To apply, visit www.phalenacademies.org and complete online application.
Phalen Leadership Academies is an equal opportunity employer.
Phalen Leadership Academies conduct pre-employment drug screens and extensive background checks.
Minimum Education Required