Business Development Specialist/ Outreach Specialist
- Job posted by Harlem United Community AIDS Center
The Business Development Specialist/Outreach Specialist will be comfortable prospecting and building new business relationships that encourage growth. The Business Development Specialist will be expected to engage with providers across a range of sectors within the healthcare industry, with a particular focus on community service and direct health care providers. The Business Development Specialist/Outreach Specialist will develop intricate knowledge of Harlem United’s services, and be able to present these seamlessly to clients and prospects. The ideal candidate should have a genuine interest in the healthcare industry and an eagerness to learn and develop their knowledge of the sector.
Essential Job Functions
The following job duties are mandatory requirements of the job:
- Oversee a team of peers and the Director of Business Development to execute the sales and development strategy for their territory.
- Cold call and/or visit as appropriate within a targeted geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of new client referrals
- Target new business and gain comprehensive knowledge of the business
- Ensure efficient and effective operating standards for sales administration, planning and reporting systems.
- Routinely co-locate at partner organization facilities and engage clients on site.
- Using agency vehicles to transport clients to and from their respective locations to the
various HU sites.
- Track progress against targets on an ongoing basis and take necessary action with BD Director to refocus efforts if goals are not being met.
· Submit weekly work in progress reports and ensure data is accurate for real time reporting via excel tracking log.
· Utilize agency-wide database e-ICare to submit client level-information, refer to various internal services, and pull reports
· Create strategies and best practices to support the retention of existing business and pursue leads to expand existing business.
· Keep current with the competitive marketplace and key developments in the Healthcare industry.
· Conduct routine street-level outreach, canvassing Harlem United’s service areas to engage community residents and local business owners.
· Engage in regular travel to see clients and prospects in allocated territory.
· Disseminate marketing materials; identify, coordinate and participate in community events that increase community awareness of agency programs.
· Oversee a team of 2-4 peers who will support the team’s efforts
· Provide back-up support to Intake Specialists
· Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s services and staff.
· Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet consumer needs.
· Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
· Any other duties assigned by the Director of Business Development or designated staff.
Education and Certification
· This position requires 2 years of sales or marketing experience.
· A bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of work experience required.
· Valid Driver’s license is required
Special Skills and Knowledge
In addition to the above listed job responsibilities and educational requirements, the ideal candidate for this position possesses most or all of the following:
· Good project and time management skills.
· Knowledgeable of excel
· Knowledge of business and management principles.
· Comfortable outreaching to clients across various facilities that serve high-need populations or are located in high-need areas, such as homeless shelters, women’s shelters, soup kitchens, drug rehabilitation facilities, multiservice centers, churches and mobile resource centers.
· Strong analytical and organizational skills.
Ability to work collaboratively
Minimum Education Required