Job Description Overview
IMS is currently seeking an Accounts Payable and Procurement Specialist with one to three years of experience. The Accounts Payable and Procurement Specialist is responsible for reviewing and processing invoices and payments to vendors on a daily basis by following established procedures with accuracy and in a timely manner. The position is also charged with vetting vendors and procuring competitive bids. The position will focus on the not for profit accounting division that services Independence Mission Schools. This position requires location flexibility between the King of Prussia accounting office and Philadelphia school locations. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, extremely organized and have the willingness to learn.
- Review invoices for proper coding to general ledger, approvals and supporting documentation.
- Key accounting contact for vendor communication and property invoice resolution.
- Audit and review employee expense reports to ensure compliance with company policies
- Assist in documenting policies, procedures and controls
- Review and process invoices on a daily basis and statements monthly.
- Maintains accounts payable unpaid and paid invoice files.
- Research and acquire vendor quotes and bids for operations team.
- Process purchase orders as needed for organization.
- Maintain contract files for all IMS vendors.
- Review problematic invoices with the appropriate department for resolution when appropriate.
- Prepare, mail, and file live check payments to vendors on a weekly basis.
- Prepare and transmit ACH payments to vendors on a weekly basis.
- Maximize accounts payable discounts and tax credits.
- Annually prepare 1099s.
- Ensure all invoices have approval signatures, departmental codes, and required supporting documentation.
- Provide assistance to outside auditors at year end.
- Completes projects as assigned by A/P Supervisor or Controller.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Knowledge and a general understanding of accounting procedures
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly organized, methodical, disciplined, and detail oriented.
- 1 to 3 years of accounts payable experience.
- Accurate and timely data input skills are essential.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively – both written and verbal.
- Strong leadership, planning, and problem-solving skill
- Proven ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks within time constraints.
- Proficient in MS office
- Avid and Sage Intacct experience preferred
EOE: IMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates staff diversity. We strive to be and build a diverse team that is representative of our students and the communities in which we serve. If you identify as an individual of color, we highly encourage you to apply!