Ardmore, a leader in the Prince George’s community for 50 years, is an award-winning provider of services and supports for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities.
We are committed to providing our staff with meaningful training, support and supervision in a productive and respectful atmosphere. At Ardmore, we believe that every staff person has a vital role in achieving our mission and that our staff’s successes translate to achieved empowerment for those men and women who choose Ardmore to support their life journeys.
Overview: Responsible for ensuring financials are accurate and accounting tasks are completed in a timely manner. The position is tasked with accounting activities including preparing journal entries, general ledger reconciliations, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Monitors and reconciles accounting data.
• Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting, general ledger structure and federal/state billing and reporting requirements.
• Ensures an accurate and timely monthly and year end close.
• Ensures the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
• Ensures the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable and billing.
• Prepares journal entries, reconciles general ledger accounts and billing.
• Supports budget and forecasting activities.
• Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
• Works with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
• Assists in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
• Provides training to new and existing staff as needed.
• Supports Chief Financial Officer with special projects and workflow process improvements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• High level of organizational and problem solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to direct and supervise.
• BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Excellent writing, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Flexible work time availability is required.
403(b) Retirement with employer matching
Flex Spending Account with employer matching
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply using URL included in the vacancy.