District of Columbia
The Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence (Ed Fund) [a 501(c)(3) and its sister organization, Coalition to Stop Gun Violence (Coalition) [a 501(c)(4) charitable organization], are looking to hire a full-time Office Administrator.
The Office Administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative duties, in-house accounting, management of the Coalition and Ed Fund offices, and staff support. We are looking for a hard-working, highly organized, and detail-oriented individual who is also passionate about our mission of gun violence prevention. Ideal candidates should be able to take initiative and work independently. This position requires a diverse skill set so candidates should be flexible and willing to learn. The person in this position will work closely with our dynamic staff of 16 individuals and should be a strong team player.
Start Date: Winter 2018
Position Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position includes three major responsibility areas:
- General Office Administration (Staff communications, managing staff calendars, booking meetings, ordering supplies, coordinating with building management, filing, etc.)
- Assist Executive Director (Travel planning and coordination, internal and external meeting coordination, organizing and tracking schedule)
- In-House Accounting (Basic bookkeeping, tracking all expenses & income, paying bills, bank deposits, drafting budgets, managing tax filings, data entry coordinating with outside CPA, etc.)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 1 year experience as administrative assistant or office manager (preferably for a non-profit organization)
- Experience in a professional, full-time office setting
- Accounting & bookkeeping experience necessary, experience with QuickBooks highly preferred
- Data entry experience, preferably with Datatel, Blue State Digital, Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising database
- Very skilled with Microsoft Office Suite, exp. Microsoft Excel
- Strong writing and grammar skills
- Event-planning experience
- Extreme attention to detail, ability to focus in hectic environment
- Interest in issue of gun violence prevention
To Apply: Send a brief note of interest to Clare Hogan at firstname.lastname@example.org with a formal cover letter, current CV, and list of professional references attached. Qualified candidates will be contacted for a preliminary phone interview. No phone calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence and the Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence are Equal Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employers. Except where otherwise provided by law, there will be no discrimination because of color, race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a parent, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, on the basis of personal favoritism, or any other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodations: The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence and the Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Clare Hogan. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Minimum Education Required