District Bridges is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in Washington, DC with a mission to enrich neighborhood vitality by bridging community engagement and economic development opportunities so individuals, businesses, and organizations can thrive together.
Primary Roles: Event and Facilities Coordination, Small Business and Community Engagement
The Neighborhood Coordinator - Columbia Heights (NCCH) is a full-time position, responsible for supporting the programmatic activities of District Bridges, specifically the Columbia Heights Main Street.
The NCCH reports to the Program Director, Columbia Heights | Mount Pleasant Main Street (PD), with oversight from the Operations Director (OD). They work closely with the Columbia Heights Community Navigator and other program staff, as well as the OD and the Executive Director (ED), to plan and implement community events on and around the Columbia Heights Civic Plaza, coordinate and manage rentals of the District Bridges office space, and engage the Columbia Heights community in the organization’s work.
The NCCH is integral to building capacity within the Columbia Heights | Mount Pleasant Main Street program, following the approved workplan to achieve the outlined objectives and operating at all times in a transparent, inclusive, ethical, and sustainable manner.
- With the PD, plan, implement, and evaluate events and activities on Columbia Heights Civic Plaza that engage both small businesses and residents;
- With the PD, plan, implement, and evaluate the annual Columbia Heights Day Festival;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse network of stakeholders including business owners, nonprofit leaders, faith leaders, schools, and residents to support the program;
- Work with the OD and PD to ensure programmatic outcomes and statistics are gathered, stored, and analyzed in the Salesforce platform for all staff and consultants interacting with Main Street businesses and partners; and
- Work with the OD to report on grant activities as required.
- Coordinate all private rentals of the District Bridges office space, specifically the common room and conference room, including tracking inquiries, proposals, and bookings.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with private rental clients about event details and logistics. This includes but is not limited to: walkthroughs of the space; scheduling of event timeline; review of organizational policies and regulations; and ensuring all expectations are set on both sides.
- Coordinate multiple events at one time, maintaining a dynamic, up-to-date calendar of bookings.
- Communicate event details to all staff during team meetings so that everyone is aware when and in what way the spaces are being used.
- In partnership with OD and PD, develop and maintain a diverse and inclusive volunteer corps to serve the Columbia Heights Main Street program;
- Work with the PD to track information and engagement regarding the Neighborhood Strategy Councils;
- Track and maintain volunteers’ information and work hours in Salesforce as needed for grant reporting; and
- Build relationships with volunteers and networks who work in areas related to District Bridges’s mission and initiatives.
- In conjunction with the OD and PD, develop content for and help implement an external communications plan to include but not limited to:
- Creating content for regular community and business newsletters;
- Monitoring activity on social media;
- Timely updates to District Bridges’ website; and
- Regular outreach to local and regional audiences through other organizations and publications;
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Fluency in Spanish is required
- 2-3 years experience in event management, volunteer management, community engagement, and/or facilities rental preferred
- Ability to communicate easily, respectfully, and professionally with stakeholders of all ages, ethnicities, and socio-economic backgrounds in both English and Spanish is required.
- Technically proficient, with experience in project management and CRM systems preferred
- A collaborative and cooperative mindset is required
This role consistently operates a computer and other office productivity machinery. This role will traverse neighborhood sidewalks and need to lift/move up to 40 lbs.