Under direction, participates in major projects with a significantly high degree of complexity requiring an overall understanding of business functions and operations within area(s) of responsibility. Main focus of this role will be on Storage Area networks, virtual computing environments, data storage technologies, security, windows OS, VOIP and networks. This role is responsible for ensuring availability of services to users and efficient operations. This role requires strong project management skills, ability to change processes quickly and effectively in a fast paced environment, ability to work effectively with minimal supervision. Outstanding customer service skills and excellent oral and written communication skills are critical components for success. Must be HANDS-ON, i.e. be able to plan, design and install various hardware and software and perform routine systems management and support.
· Administers systems and servers related to Safe Horizon’s LAN and WAN (e.g. email systems, accounts, print queue, workstation ID, IP assignments, computer labs, classroom computers, VOIP, network, security, antivirus, spyware, etc.).
· Installs network (client and server) software on a variety of platforms (e.g. service packs, application software, operating software, hardware upgrades, etc.) to upgrade and maintain WAN/LAN and Telecommunication systems.
· Assists in overseeing the organization and operation of the Network Operations Center (e.g. monitoring temperature, organizing materials, ensuring availability of materials, etc.).
· Maintains network operations and software applications (e.g. servers (file, print, application, IIS, database, proxy, etc.), operating systems, server backup, routine maintenance programs, etc.).
· Maintains wireless network (WLAN).
· Manages project migrations for hardware/software systems.
· Prepares written materials (e.g. procedures, system level documentation, reports, MS projects, memos, letters, etc.) to document activities, provide written reference and/or convey information.
· Researches trends, products, equipment, tests, etc. for the purpose of recommending procedures and/or purchases. Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g. staff, administrators, programs/school /site personnel, outside vendors and service providers, etc.) to provide technical assistance and support.
· Supports Technology Specialists (EUSG) and System Support Specialists to provide direction and/or solve technical problems.
· Troubleshoots malfunctions of network hardware and/or software applications within the organization’s local and wide area networks, telephones and security systems (e.g. servers, hubs, routers, network protocols, etc.) to resolve operational issues and restore services.
Interacts with: Finance, Facilities and Property Management, Marketing, Development, HR, Programs
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Under direction, participates in major projects with a significantly high degree of complexity requiring an overall understanding of business functions and operations within area(s) of responsibility. Main focus of this role…