10747 W Magnolia Blvd
<img src="//:0" height="92" width="169">
Position: Regional Arts Program Director
Full time with benefits - $60,000.00 /year
The EngAGE Regional Arts Program Director reports to the EngAGE Chief Operating Officer and works closely with the upper management EngAGE team, building developers, property management teams, and greater communities of each site to develop and oversee EngAGE arts programs and art galleries that will promote and support the residents’ professional and recreational practice in all art forms: visual, literary, performing arts. The EngAGE Regional Arts Program Director oversees the EngAGE Program Directors who manage the arts/gallery sites (5 currently with several more opening soon), and oversees and supports arts programming at all of the EngAGE sites we serve in California.
This model of inclusion will allow us to partner with many local institutions, collectives, organizations, galleries, and curators to develop programming that fits within each of our unique properties. Our relationships should create new opportunities for partnerships, concept design and funding streams, as well as educational and professional development for the resident artists.
A creative and experienced arts administrator and educator with the ability to collaborate with professional artists and organizations on gallery exhibits/performances, events and social connections, preferably, with strength in community outreach.
Background in the arts, experience in program management and event planning, as well as hands-on experience with exhibit Installation and arts studio equipment and usage protocols in visual, literary and performing arts.
Excellent leadership, communication and relationship building skills, and creative problem-solving skills.
· Oversees and supports arts programming at all of the EngAGE California sites.
· Trains, manages and supports program directors at EngAGE Arts Colonies/Galleries in planning annual exhibit schedules, creating calls for submission, arts selection and review, installations, Insurance, sales, volunteers - Gallery Management.
· Works with building developers/owners in establishing EngAGE Colony/Gallery administrative guidelines and protocol.
· Assists in the planning and hosting of gallery exhibits and opening receptions.
· Responsible for audience development and creating a loyal group of patrons for EngAGE Arts Colony/Gallery events.
· Encourages other EngAGE Arts Colonies/communities to integrate with community artists.
· Manages and oversees arts grants and program implementation, program reporting, funder site visits.
· Implements with EngAGE Arts Directors/Program Directors, arts participation evaluative tools.
Facilitation & Strategic Planning
· Advises on tool and equipment requirements, space sharing and configurations.
· Facilitates on-site monthly resident meetings and focus groups with program directors.
· Collaborates with program directors and residents to define and establish governance models for the buildings.
· Collaborates with residents on models of engagement with arts partners, community and civic entities.
· Provides support and guidance for resident-driven special interest groups as they plan and develop programs.
Marketing and Communications
· Promotes marketing, press releases, media coverage, and advertisements for events/shows.
· Provides website/media onsite support.
· Assists in the design of announcements, fliers and promotional materials as needed.
· Documents and photographs all arts programs for use in multiple communications.
· Builds and maintains multiple mailing lists/communications with community arts partners and general public to build audience and promote events.
· Creates and generates content for multiple social media accounts including the EngAGE blog.
· Plans and promotes gallery opening receptions and other arts events including lectures, film screenings, musical performances, etc.
· Plans and coordinates social events and mixers with residents and community partners.
General Office, Finance and Compliance
· Writes monthly arts program reports including photographs, documenting attendance, community collaborations and volunteers.
· Monitors program budgets and reconciles expenditures.
· Works closely with property management and complies with Fair Housing laws
· Attends EngAGE team meetings and other events.
Level of Language Proficiency
English. Other local languages a plus.
Minimum Education Required