Title: HR & Office Coordinator
Reports to: HR Business Partner
Status: Salaried, Exempt
Location: Seattle, WA
The Max Foundation's (Max) mission is to increase global access to treatment, care, and support for people living with cancer. Specifically, we create access channels to innovative cancer medicines for people in low- and middle-income countries (LMIC) where no other means of access exist. We work with national cancer centers and other public institutions, health care providers, patient associations, pharmaceutical and diagnostics manufacturers, and governmental and non-governmental agencies to provide access to life-saving treatments. Our international non-profit functions as an operating foundation with funds raised spent directly on our proprietary access programs. Patients are at the center of all we do.
The Max Foundation is currently working to increase the size and scope of our access programs to reach more cancer patients and meet today's global health need now and in the future. Max is an ambitious, fast-paced, mission-driven, and patient-oriented organization aiming for large-scale impact. With annual in-kind donations valued at more than $600M, an operating budget in excess of $10M, and over 60 global team members currently, Max delivers more than 10,000,000 daily doses of lifesaving cancer medication to thousands of patients in over 70 countries annually and in collaboration with nearly 200 medical institutions. Through our work, we improve and save lives, promote health equity globally, enable humanitarian donations of life-saving therapies to patients in LMIC, and strengthen healthcare systems.
The Max Foundation is looking for a team member who will exemplify our Values & Guiding Principles:
- Model excellence by going beyond in every aspect of your work
- Show dedication through a passionate commitment to helping people face cancer with dignity and hope
- Spur innovation by seeking progressive ways to improve outcomes for our constituents
- Value collaboration at all levels and know the result is better for it
Role Summary: The HR & Office Coordinator serves as a critical frontline presence for The Max Foundation and supports the administrative functions of the Seattle headquarters office. This position is responsible for the organized and timely delivery of a variety of administrative tasks in support of the administration team, primarily in the HR & Accounting areas, with some support as-needed with IT, Executive, or office-wide initiatives. This role is also responsible for preparing, organizing, or following-up on some reports and projects that support global operations.
- Perform general office administration including managing mail service, kitchen and office supplies, document organization, plants, and office access.
- Serve as a first point of contact for answering phones, replying to requests for information, and orienting guests that visit the office
- Scan and distribute incoming mail to other internal team-members, including donations, invoices, etc.
- Maintain global staffing distribution and contact list; send quarterly updates of all global staffing
- Schedule calls and meetings as requested; serve as owner of standing group calendars and meetings, including monthly Admin Meeting and monthly HQ Staff meetings
- Compile and maintain list of all active vendor relationships for organization; build relationships with a variety of relevant vendors, including FedEx, DHL, UPS, & Amazon (including tracking & follow-up)
- Serve as a liaison between Max & our building management & facilities contacts
- Facilitate annual employee events (ex. annual holiday party, Homeweek); support HR on monthly employee recognition activities (ex. birthday & anniversary programs)
- Provide ongoing accounting support via credit card resolutions and expense tracking; follow-up with team-members to collect necessary documentation and receipts
- Create & administer surveys to collect team-member feedback on various initiatives
- Perform data entry activities in accounting system and spot checks of records, as requested
- Partner with Executive Assistant in supporting some Executive functions as-needed, including preparing Board packets, scheduling internal leadership meetings, etc.
- Assist with any travel arrangement changes, as needed (ex. changing dates, refunds, etc.)
- Take meeting minutes in group meetings, communicate action items to team-members, and circulate minutes after meetings; coordinate and track progress for various team projects and goals
- Coordinate catering for board meetings, staff meetings, and other employee events
- Update administrative SOPs as processes evolve, and maintain electronic database of procedural documents
- Support in onboarding of new team-members including preparation of welcome packets and initial orientation tour
- Support annual benefits renewals by updating organizational packets and creating individual employee benefits summaries; Update employee guidebook & code of conduct versions each year
- Support annual audit via records retrieval
- Assist in annual data retention & destruction review, including the removal and shredding of paper files
- Serve as an administrator of HelloSign software and collect internal signatures on behalf of the organization for various needs
- Serve as liaison for cross-functional correspondence; address administrative needs and questions from global staff
- Support HR function in maintenance of paper versions of employee files and benefits agreements
- Cross-train in shipping & receiving and support global shipping needs, including annual holiday card distribution
- Serve as HRIS system specialist in BambooHR; support annual processes, like benefits renewal and performance management by scanning and uploading new paperwork each year
- Associate degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Two-plus years of work experience in a professional setting, international or non-profit experience a plus
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including MS Excel and MS Word
- Proficient experience working in database management
- Strong organizational ability and attention to detail
- Demonstrated writing and copy-editing skills
- Experience managing bulk mailings, international mailing experience a plus
Skills and Attributes:
- Must be flexible and able to work with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work diligently, independently, and enthusiastically as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to grasp new knowledge and to quickly become an expert in new skill areas
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills and positive customer service abilities
We offer compensation commensurate with experience and generous benefits. No relocation provided.
Visit our website at https://www.themaxfoundation.org/careers to apply. Please include résumé and cover letter.
The Max Foundation is dedicated to diversity in staff and is an equal opportunity employer.