The ACLU of Georgia is seeking a dynamic Community Engagement Manager to coordinate public engagement and advocacy efforts statewide. The Community Engagement Manager (CEM) will cultivate a sustainable organizing program, tapping into the ACLU’s growing network of members, supporters, and volunteer activists, to enhance the organization’s advocacy capacity and effectiveness. The CEM recruit and develop leaders in local communities to advocate for change, and work with coalition partners and civic leaders towards shared initiatives.
· Develop and implement strategies to grow the base of ACLU supporters and volunteers, who regularly take action in support of the ACLU of Georgia’s initiatives.
· Manage an active volunteer base to participate in local events and other advocacy activities, such as during legislative session.
· Utilize Every Action and other volunteer management and advocacy tools, to track and analyze volunteer growth, and activate supporters to participate in advocacy efforts.
· Help develop strategy and action plans to advance affiliate’s policy and issue campaign goals, working cross departmentally as needed.
· Coordinate rapid response as needed on the affiliate’s issue priorities, with a likely focus on criminal justice reform, reproductive justice and first amendment.
· Represent the organization in existing coalitions and help build new coalitions by nurturing alliances with traditional and new allied organizations and community groups, assuming a leadership role on important issue campaigns.
· Develop partnerships across the state with leaders of civic and community organizations.
· Manage the affiliate’s Legal Observer Program and Know Your Rights Trainings.
· Organize both small and large-scale public events statewide to educate and mobilize ACLU supporters and the broader public for specific advocacy priorities. Events may include community forums, presentations, trainings, small group meetings, panel discussions, tabling events, press conferences, and rallies that advance ACLU of Georgia priorities.
· Represent the ACLU of Georgia in public speaking engagements, either as a speaker or facilitator.
· Produce and update outreach materials, including flyers, brochures, information packets, and other publications.
· Maintain records and prepare regular reports on program needs, developments, and accomplishments.
· Other duties as assigned.
· At least three to five years of community organizing experience in political, legislative, or grassroots advocacy campaigns.
· Extensive knowledge of grassroots organizing strategies and techniques.
· Experience and comfort with digital tools and web-based communication to engage volunteers and activists and engage in organizing campaigns and rapid response.
· Experience supervising, training, and motivating volunteers.
· Excellent analytic and communication skills, both written and oral; experience as a public spokesperson and advocate.
· Strong group facilitation, coalition building, and leadership skills.
· Strong proficiency with the use of software platforms and high degree of comfort with multiple technology applications.
· Ability to work independently and to keep organized in a fast-paced environment, manage several projects simultaneously, and adjust to frequently changing demands.
· Positive up-beat attitude; team player.
· A demonstrated commitment to civil liberties and civil rights, and an understanding of and appreciation for the ACLU’s values, mission, and goals.
· Ability to work with and center historically marginalized or oppressed communities of different cultures and backgrounds. This includes having a mature understanding of how structural racism, sexism, and prejudice against all kinds of marginalized communities pervade our society.
· A valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and willingness to travel extensively around the state.
· Ability to work irregular hours, and to attend evening and weekend meetings.
· Fluency in Spanish a plus, but not required.
The ACLU of Georgia is seeking a dynamic Community Engagement Manager to coordinate public engagement and advocacy efforts statewide. The Community Engagement Manager (CEM) will cultivate a sustainable organizing…
The ACLU of Georgia offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience and within parameters of the ACLU-GA’s compensation scale. Excellent benefits include paid vacation, sick time, and holidays; medical, vision and dental insurance; life and long-term disability insurance; Flexible Spending Account; and 401(k) Defined Contribution Retirement.
The ACLU of Georgia offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience and within parameters of the ACLU-GA’s compensation scale…
Applications should include a cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to email@example.com. To facilitate our review, your emails should have the subject line: “[Your last name] Community Engagement Manager Application.” We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
This job announcement provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU-GA reserves the right to change the description and/or posting without advance notice.
The ACLU-GA is an equal opportunity / fair chance employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU-GA encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or record of arrest or conviction. We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should include a cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to email@example.com. To facilitate our review, your emails should have the subject line…