19 Clarendon Street
This front-line, part-time, hourly position is responsible for selling single, group, and subscription tickets for Boston Ballet performances as well as retail products, and for providing excellent customer service and accurate information to all patrons. We are looking to hire five new representatives to begin in early November.
- Process subscriptions, exchanges, ticket sales, and group ticket sales using Tessitura. Process retail orders, as needed.
- Approach each call with a focus on creating loyalty, maximizing revenue, and ensuring that the theater looks as full as possible.
- Accurately respond to customer inquiries in person and on the phone, including subscription procedures, seating issues, ticket prices, exchanges, Boston Ballet schedule, casting, and Boston Ballet special events.
- Answer phones in a timely manner and provide excellent customer service to all Boston Ballet patrons.
- Balance and reconcile sales/exchange activities daily.
- Responsible for working curtains during performances (i.e. working in the Box Office during actual performances).
- Perform various administrative tasks: dispense tickets at the window and via mail, file subscriptions and other orders, and assist with database cleanup.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience required
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in sales and customer service
- A patient, friendly, and approachable disposition with customers and co-workers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and crowded workspace
- Excellence in customer service; professional and enthusiastic with great problem-solving abilities
- Computer skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word. Experience with Tessitura a plus.
- Evenings and weekends required during performance weeks
Boston Ballet is an equal opportunity employer
Complimentary tickets to Boston Ballet productions
Discounted adult classes at Boston Ballet School
Minimum Education Required