Details: Compensation commensurate with experience.
Since 1995, Futures and Options has empowered New York City's underserved youth to explore careers through career development training and paid, mentored internships. We reach out to teens at a formative time of their lives, guiding them to further their education and become productive citizens. Our model program enables New York City students to gain much-needed access to the economic mainstream, work‐readiness training, and support from caring adults. At the same time, businesses are connected to a pipeline of promising, motivated and diverse youth. Together with our partners, we are building the workforce of tomorrow. Since our inception, Futures and Options has served more than 8,000 students and coordinated internships at more than 500 businesses in New York City, with 85% of all participants successfully completing their Futures and Options’ program, graduating from high school and pursuing higher education.
Futures and Options is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic data associate to spearhead the adoption of a robust new database (Salesforce) and develop processes that foster growth by increasing organizational efficiency and capacity across all areas. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations and working closely with an external Salesforce implementation consultant, the data associate will play an integral role in ensuring the timely completion of the Salesforce implementation project, as well as supporting and training staff members during the database transition process. Overall, the data associate will cultivate best practices to maintain an intuitive and reliable database that will sustain rapid growth across the organization, including: number of students served, outreach to donors, alumni, and business partners, programmatic outcomes and data, and fundraising data.
Responsibilities include managing the completion of the Salesforce implementation project and collaborating with the Director of Finance and Operations, development staff, and program staff on data management tasks.
Internal project lead responsibilities include:
• Overseeing the timely and effective completion of the Salesforce implementation consultant deliverables
• Serving as point person for Futures and Options in all engagement with the consultant
• Providing project updates to internal staff and Board’s Technology Committee
• Organizing all consultant-led trainings of Futures and Options staff and internal prototype review sessions
• Gathering remaining historical data needed for migration
• Managing consultancy support needs after completion of the implementation project
Basic Salesforce system administrator responsibilities include:
• Adding and deactivating users
• Customizing the system to fit Futures and Options processes
• Securing the system to ensure appropriate access level to information across users
• Importing historical data as needed
• Providing training for current and new staff members on how to properly use the system after completion of the consultancy stage
• Troubleshooting problems as they arise
• Staying up to date on new Salesforce features as they are released
Other key responsibilities include:
• Galvanizing Salesforce adoption across all staff members
• Gathering and incorporating feedback from end users to create effective processes
• Generating and interpreting reports and dashboards for different functioning areas of the organization
• Managing the collection of program evaluation data as well as implementing improved data collection practices
• Reporting data to the Futures and Options leadership team members and providing support in all needed capacities
- Bachelor's degree required
- A strong commitment to the mission of Futures and Options
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce with 2-3+ years of experience performing Salesforce administration and support
- Exceptional quantitative skills with a passion for and high level of proficiency in data management and analysis and problem solving
- Computer proficiency and advanced knowledge of MS Office, and understanding of key
- Salesforce architectural concepts (e.g. API, security models and techniques)
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written, and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable and confident in a fast-paced, changing, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to be precise and attentive to detail
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and manage multiple tasks and projects, as well as to be a team player who is eager to collaborate with others
No phone calls. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Futures and
Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- short term disability and unemployment insurance
- commuter benefits
- paid sick leave after 120 days of employment
- paid family leave after meeting required terms
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Data Associate” as
the subject line.