Job Title: Full Time Bi-lingual Receptionist
One Year Commitment Required
Supervisor: Development Director;
Location: HIAS Pennsylvania
2100 Arch Street, 3rd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Organizational Background: HIAS Pennsylvania is a non-profit immigration legal and refugee resettlement agency. We provide direct immigration legal services to low income, vulnerable immigrants in Southeastern Pennsylvania and refugee resettlement services in Philadelphia. Most of our callers are considered limited English proficient. Although we serve callers who are originally from over 100 different countries, a significant portion of our callers are Spanish speaking. We therefore are seeking a bi-lingual Spanish-English receptionist.
· Open office promptly at 9:00 a.m. and closes no earlier than 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
· Answer telephone lines and direct calls to the appropriate staff member and/or take messages for staff
· Listen to voicemails and direct to appropriate staff
· Read emails directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and direct to appropriate staff
· Maintain order and cleanliness of reception and conference areas.
· Be responsive to Jewish Federation’s front desk receptionist when they call for assistance with our clients.
· Manage and triage intake calls
· Track phone calls
· Train and supervise volunteer receptionist assistants
· Create and keep updated receptionist handbook
· Obey all building security rules.
- Outgoing Mail Preparation
· Prepare and attach appropriate postage to outgoing standard, certified, and priority mail
· Maintain records of certified and priority mail and FedEx mail
· Drop standard and FedEx mail in Post Office Box daily
· Take certified and priority mail to the Post Office three times a week.
· Ability to communicate well in English and Spanish.
· Well-developed office organizational skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently while greeting incoming visitors and clients in a busy office environment.
· Ability to prioritize work in order to complete required tasks efficiently and effectively.
· Must be punctual, friendly and articulate and able to maintain patience in a busy office setting. Must not take things personally. Our office receives more than 3,000 calls per year and our clients are fearful and often upset. As the first person that our clients speak with it is important that they feel safe and welcomed when they call or otherwise interact with staff.
· Well-developed interpersonal communication skills and ability to engage in creative problem-solving with staff.
· Knowledge of computers including, Windows XP, database entry, and email.
· Demonstrated interest in working in a social services organization and ability to be sensitive to the needs of a diverse client base, including limited English proficiency individuals.
· Previous administrative/receptionist experience preferred.
This is a non-exempt position. Comprehensive benefits are provided including health care after the third month and generous holiday benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter by email to:
No phone calls please.