Service to Improve Community Health AmeriCorps Member
- Job posted by Community Health Center Association of CT, Inc.
Details: Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,920 granted upon completion of program
2018-19 Community Health Center Association of Connecticut (CHCACT) STICH AmeriCorps Program
What is the CHCACT Service to Improve Community Health (STICH) AmeriCorps Program?
- Health-focused AmeriCorps program
- Members are placed at Federally Qualified Health Centers throughout Connecticut and CHCACT
- October 2018 Program Start Date
- 10 months, 40+ hours/week
What will CHCACT AmeriCorps Members do?
- Implement health insurance literacy trainings, health education lessons, and mobilize volunteers
- Patient navigation & enrollment services
- Care Coordination
- Program research & development
- Community service projects
- Training and group development
What’s in it for me?
- $13,732 Living Allowance
- $5,920 education award
- Student loan forbearance
- Training opportunities & career advancement
What do I need to qualify?
- 18+ years of age
- High school diploma or GED, or in the process of getting GED
- U.S. Resident, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Reliable transportation
- Pluses: Spanish-speaking, experience in health care
Where will I be placed?
You will be placed in one of the following locations: New Haven, Greenwich, Hartford, East Hartford, Bridgeport, Norwalk, Waterbury, Torrington, Norwich, and Cheshire
I am interested in the program. Who do I contact?
Maya Severson, Workforce Development Program Manager, at (email@example.com) or (860-282-4048).
How do I apply?
Submit a resume and cover letter to Maya Severson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student loan forbearance
National alumni network
Preferential employment (Employers of National Service)
Level of Language Proficiency
English, required (Advanced)
Spanish, desired (Intermediate)
Minimum Education Required