We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Internship and Training Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Rights Campaign’s internship and training programs. This position will be based in Washington, D.C.
- Manages the internship hiring process by reviewing applications, scheduling & conducting interviews, completing reference checks, sending out offer letters and handles offboarding.
- Places job postings/advertisements for HRC internship program each semester.
- Works with teams to understand their intern needs and collects work plans.
- Creates offer letters and processes background checks for new interns.
- Assists with new intern onboarding and updates PowerPoint each semester or as needed. Along with the Associate Director, HR, conducts new intern orientation.
- Processes and quality checks new intern paperwork in HRIS and creates electronic employment file. Updates electronic forms as needed.
- Maintains and files all intern-related records in compliance with the law, keeping all program records (paper and electronic) well organized and up-to-date.
- Work with Finance to create check requests for internship and training programs.
- Uses the intern applicant tracking system (ATS) extensively and acts as the subject matter expert.
- Creates and updates intern-tracking spreadsheet each semester.
- Serves as the first point of contact for external callers and questions about the Internship Program.
- Assists Associate Director, HR in creating partnerships with schools and organizations for Internship Program.
- Organizes events for the Internship Program.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of all intern and proprietary company information.
- Fulfills requests for verifications of employment for interns.
- Plans brown bags for interns and orders catering.
- Attend internship fairs.
- Drafts email communications for the internship program.
- Works with the Internship Team to create the yearly budget and runs budget reports as requested and acts a steward of the internship budget.
- Works with Marketing and Online Strategy teams to promote internship program.
- May provides additional administrative support to the HR department.
- Serves as an administrator for Litmos, the learning management system, including tracking training attendance, running reports, and keeping employee information up to date.
- Tracks training attendance for employee performance reviews.
- Creates and formats presentations, quick reference cards, and other training materials.
- Conducts new employee training orientations.
- Coordinates and facilitates Peer Navigator program.
- Drafts contracts and coordinates process with General Counsel office.
- Creates and facilitates trainings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) required. Two to three years of administrative and training experience preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills are required, and are essential to succeeding in this role.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive).
- Experience with videoconferencing (Skype, GoToMeeting, Zoom, etc.) software preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while prioritizing important issues.
- Commitment to high quality and timely work product a must.
- Must have the ability to interact professionally and effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain composure and good judgment when dealing with deadlines, dissatisfied employees, or fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of or interest in LGBTQ issues is strongly preferred.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.