Generation Baltimore Workforce Readiness Partnership Manager
- Job posted by Generation: You Employed, Inc.
Generation is a global program dedicated to closing the skills gap for young adults, which leaves 75 million unemployed and three times as many underemployed around the world. Generation is an independent non-profit organization launched by McKinsey & Co. in 2014, and we work with multiple partners to recruit candidates, design, and deliver a 4-12 week "boot-camp" training program focused on technical, behavioral, and foundational skills, and to track the return on investment for both employers and young people.
The Partnership Manager is a full-time role that will be the primary point of contact for the Generation Table Games Dealer program in partnership with Caesars Entertainment’s Horseshoe property. The primary function of this role is to successfully lead the program pilot and ensure that the program meets Generation US target metrics on recruitment, graduation placement, and job retention.
In September 2018, Generation is launching a pilot program to help our employer partner recruit for and train incoming staff for Table Game Dealer positions. The program is expected to train four-five 25+ person cohorts over 6-8 months in the Baltimore area. After a successful pilot, we hope to expand our partnership.
The Partnership Manager should expect to spend a significant amount of time working at Caesars Horseshoe Casino in downtown Baltimore.
This is a full-time temporary employee with 6 months of guaranteed funding and possibility for extension.
- Drive client partnership by:
- Maintaining regular contact with partner to provide frequent updates on program status and outcomes, address any challenges, and ensure success of the program
- Developing deep relationships with key partner stakeholders by providing high-touch service
- Coordinating program events in collaboration with partner to recruit students and engage alumni
- Collaborating with partner to establish and execute against timeline for training and employment of Generation students, including application submission and auditions
- Acting as liaison to Generation US National team, contributing insights, recommendations and experiences as we continue improving the Generation model nationally and codifying best practices for employer partnerships
- Effectively deliver program outcomes by:
- Leading recruitment of program students in coordination with Generation US National team (e.g., marketing, digital)
- Supporting Caesars Horseshoe Table Games Instructors in delivering technical content designed by Generation
- Overseeing and coaching Generation program Mentor in delivering ‘soft skills’ curriculum content and providing students guidance and support
- Managing program logistics (e.g., scheduling needs, resources)
- Building network of community organizations to identify wrap-around support services for students to overcome barriers to successful program completion and employment
- Evaluating program against agreed upon objectives and metrics guided by Generation US National team at frequent and regular intervals
- Maintain data collection and activities by:
- Ensuring complete and accurate reporting
- Utilizing a file system with student information and program records; ensuring team (instructors and mentor) keep this information up to date on the Generation Data Tool
- 100+ program participants in 2018-2019
- 100 students employed as Table Games Dealers at Caesars Horseshoe property
- 80% job retention with employer for at least 180-days
You have outstanding leadership skills and are energized by building strong partnerships. You seek to constantly create new connections and deepen existing ones. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are comfortable with ambiguity that comes with start-up environments. You have a knack for ‘getting things done,’ have high levels of ownership over your work, and don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to solve challenges.
Specific requirements include, but not limited to:
- Creative, strategic, and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple types of partnerships and balance short and long-term objectives
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrable partnership management experience in a fast-paced, high-growth, client-facing position
- Professional demeanor with exceptional ability to establish credibility with executives
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with high level of attention to detail in tasks and interactions
- A growth mindset; self-reflective and open to frequent feedback
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- An entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a start-up
- Ability to diagnose partner needs through exceptional problem solving abilities
- Poised under pressure
- A strong sense of ownership (takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives) and timeliness
- Ability to comfortably learn and navigate new technologies (e.g., Generation App, changes to data tool)
- Data-driven approach in presenting/influencing and informing decisions
- A passion for working with disadvantaged young adults (ages 18-29), and an interest in leading a community-based coalition across multiple local organizations
- A passion for supporting economic and community development in Baltimore
- Managed client accounts within a nonprofit preferred
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”
Minimum Education Required