1527 New Hampshire Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
The Program Associate, Member Services will serve as the front-line representative of the American Political Science Association (APSA), supporting the membership department staff, and contributing to processes that improve team and organizational functions. The Program Associate, Member Services will serve as the first point of customer service for our members, vendors, and business associates.
· Maintains a high level of member satisfaction by receiving and responding in a timely manner to customer and member inquiries about membership benefits and services; identifying and resolving member problems and/or questions via telephone and email
· Process new and renewing member applications and payments for membership into the member database. Executes accurate data entry to ensure integrity of data
· Coordinate with and assist other departments with member-related business (i.e. Finance, Publications, Communications)
· Provide website and database support
· Represent APSA at regional membership association conferences
· Answer all incoming calls to the main office line and handle caller’s inquiries whenever possible; redirect calls promptly and courteously to the appropriate staff member or tenant
· Responsible for overall front office activities: Answer all incoming calls to the main office line; sign for (UPS/FedEx) packages; greet, assist and/or direct members, visitors and the general public in a professional and effective manner; and respond to public inquiries
· Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Relevant experience with a solid track record handling administrative duties
· Previous experience working in member services and/or customer relations
· Experience working with databases
· Exceptional support skills, including the ability to respond to members, internal staff and others in a professional, knowledgeable, and friendly manner.
· Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks within established deadlines
· Strong computer and software knowledge with proficiency in MS Suite, mail merge programs, HTML/CSS; familiarity with WordPress and/or Stata a plus
· Flexible, dependable and able to handle multiple tasks concurrently
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered, submit a resume with a cover letter indicating how your experience and skills align with the description and the essential skills required of the position to APSA at email@example.com. Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.