355 Food Center Drive
Title: Inventory Control Coordinator
Department: Inventory Control, Finance/Accounting
Reports To: Senior Manager of Inventory Control
Location: 355 Food Center Drive – (Bronx Warehouse)
Who We Are
To learn about who we are, our organizational core values, and how we serve as Food Bankers, please visit Our Approach.
For 35 years, Food Bank For New York City has been the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end hunger throughout the five boroughs. Nearly one in five New Yorkers relies on Food Bank for food and other resources. Food Bank takes a strategic, multifaceted approach that provides meals and builds capacity in the neediest communities, while raising awareness and engagement among all New Yorkers. Through its network of more than 1,000 charities and schools citywide, Food Bank provides food for more than 61 million free meals per year for New Yorkers in need. Food Bank For New York City’s income support services, including food stamps (also known as SNAP) and free tax assistance for the working poor, put more than $110 million each year into the pockets of New Yorkers, helping them to afford food and achieve greater dignity and independence. Food Bank’s nutrition education programs and services empower more than 50,000 children, teens and adults to sustain a healthy diet and active lifestyle on a limited budget. Working toward long-term solutions to food poverty, Food Bank develops policy and conducts research to inform community and government efforts.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Inventory Control Coordinator is responsible ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures and maintaining effective internal control over the physical product flow and accounting of inventory receiving, shipping, and other inventory areas. The position works with the Senior Manager of Inventory Control to ensure that systems and programs are sufficient to meet company’s inventory needs; and independently develops strategies and tactics for improving operational efficiencies while improving service levels and reducing inventory variances.
Principal duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of physical cycle counts processes
- Ability to schedule ad conduct cycle counts
- Assist in development and implementation of inventory control processes/procedures
- Ensure compliance with operating procedures and policies affecting internal control over receiving, distribution, logistics and warehousing of all inventory;
- Direct the returns process and ensure the product is credited in all systems in a timely manner;
- Responsible for validation and processing of Agency Credit Memo, Returns, Repack and Dump;
- Work with Warehouse Operations and Logistics to monitor Lot Expiration Dates, conduct Cycle Counts and Quality Control checks as needed;
- Perform all other assigned duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Ability to set priorities, manage projects and juggle multiple priorities to meet deadlines and deliverables;
- A demonstrated ability to think creatively
- Demonstrated independent judgment and problem solving skills;
- Comfort and experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Experience in or knowledge of social services and hunger issues is a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to Food Bank’s core values
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous process improvement
- 1 – 2 years proven experience in audit processes/procedures. Including Physical Inventory and Cycle Counts.
- 1+ years’ experience Accounting, including Inventory Management Systems
- Strong analytic skills
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Excel application
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Some knowledge in other Microsoft Offices applications (Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please kindly submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com Thank you!