290 Summer Street
This is an energetic and enthusiastic self-starter with a passion for direct mail printing. The Production Coordinator participates as part of a larger team tasked with ensuring the overall on-time and cost-effective production of IFAW’s direct marketing fundraising mailings. This person must love a fast paced and complex environment and be comfortable working independently as well as part of a high achieving team. This person must have great attention to detail and editing.
The Production Coordinator supports the Production Team Leader in managing all production-related aspects of IFAW’s printed material including: Direct Marketing mail packs and informational and/or promotional materials for the Development Department. The Production Coordinator works closely with internal stakeholders, external contractors, agencies and vendors to manage copy and artwork through to printed material in a timely and accurate manner and manages all aspects of reporting and communication to ensure that all critical mail deadlines are met.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assures the overall on-brand, on-time, error-free and cost-effective production of IFAW’s direct mail fundraising mailings.
- Recommends and develops new creative and print production requirements by managing artwork development, scheduling, coordinating and facilitating the trafficking of new, edited and translated copy.
- Accurately proofreads all copy and ensure all local, state and federal regulation copy is accurate.
- Works closely with the all members of the Development team to support the creation of new materials by soliciting component specifications and other requirements from the production agencies.
- Manages artwork development for all country versions; proofreading, editing and revising the design of the components, ensuring all mailings are error-free and country specific.
- Manages the feedback from the Creative Services and Fundraising teams back to the designers and ensures all briefed revisions are incorporated accurately and on time.
- Briefs country offices on translation requirements and ensures translations are delivered on schedule. Ensures the country offices review the translations to confirm all messaging is appropriate and accurate.
- Reviews and approves all pre-print and laser proofs for each component prior to printing.
- Produces and distributes insertion detail instructions, drop date reports, and various other reports to internal and external stakeholders to ensure all are informed of the upcoming mailings.
- Composes detailed response briefs for each of IFAWs country offices and response processors to ensure they are informed of all source codes and any special response processing requirements.
- Problem-solves and provides direction to designers, vendors to ensure that deadlines are achieved.
- Other related duties as assigned to support Direct Marketing. This may include project work, marketing analysis, writing or design, or other duties.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A proven track record and 3-5 years of progressive print production experience in a similar position or in a creative and/or advertising agency.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly proficient in proofreading.
- Highly organized and self-motivated to meet critical deadlines, with the ability to work under pressure while coordinating several projects simultaneously.
- A team player able to collaborate with others and able to influence and motivate others to achieve a common objective.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- High proficiency in current software programs including MS Office Suite, Adobe Professional preferred.
- Creative and copy editing skills and direct marketing experience are preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience preferred.
Comprehensive benefits package
Minimum Education Required