CASE MANAGER (BILINGUAL-RUSSIAN/ENGLISH) – OLDER ADULTS & CAREGIVERS
- Job posted by Queens Community House
108-25 62nd Drive
Borough of Queens
STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
SALARY: Low 40’s K; w/ excellent benefits
SCHEDULE: M-F, 35 hours, 9:00 am-4:30 pm
Queens Community House (QCH) is a multi-site, multi-service settlement house that serves the diverse population of Queens through a broad network of programs and services for Children and Youth, Adults and Families, and Older Adults. Our mission is to provide individuals and families with the tools to enrich their lives and build healthy, inclusive communities. We are a modern interpretation of the traditional settlement house, bringing to our work current best practices, cost-effective management, innovative leadership, and a passion for social and economic justice.
We are seeking a qualified Case Manager (Bilingual –Russian and English) with a strong commitment to social services and older adults to work in our Caregiver Support Services program (Forest Hills and Kew Gardens) and 2 Senior Center Sites (Forest Hills and Pomonok Center). Services for older adults and/or their caregivers include case management, benefits assistance, supportive counseling, health care education and monitoring, housekeeping, errands, transportation, support groups, volunteer opportunities, inter-generational programming, recreation and cultural activities and trips. S/he will assist in building a supportive community for older adults through needs and eligibility assessments, participant advocacy and partnership building.
- Conduct outreach with hospitals, houses of worship, physicians, and disease focused organizations, community-based organizations, and others as identified to enhance value, awareness and accessibility of program.
- Provide information in response to caregiver inquiries, and provide resource referral options.
- Responsible for all program documentation including caregiver intakes, assessments, home health services paperwork, and participant files in accordance with NYC DFTA standards.
- Develop caregiver care plans, advocacy and provide one-on-one counseling.
- Schedule and provide educational opportunities for caregiver clients.
- Accurately complete monthly statistics for reporting to lead agency.
- Make appropriate referrals to Social Adult Day Services program for group respite.
- Establish case management and appropriate community contacts in participant catchment areas for referral and case coordination.
- Develop, expand and lead support groups that accommodate the broad needs of the different populations of caregivers in the community.
- Provide client accurate and appropriate information on services, benefits and entitlements.
- Develop case notes, action items and follow-up to determine action outcome.
- Consult with senior center directors to ensure that client needs are met that reflect culturally sensitive options that make efficient use of community resources.
- Conduct on-site visits with new program participants to assist with engagement with other program members.
- Participate in meetings, training and staff development activities per regulating agencies (ex. DFTA).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Sociology, Human Services, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two (2 years’) of experience working with older adults or case management senior services sector.
- Knowledge of benefits/entitlements and community organizing experience are a plus.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships.
- Self-motivated and resourceful; able to work independently as well as collaboratively with staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook and database management/search tools.
- Bilingual-Russian verbal and written competencies.
This position is available in July. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn generous annual leave and sick days, and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Case Manager-Bilingual” at email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER v DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Minimum Education Required