District of Columbia
Content Optimization Specialist
FAIR is looking for a Content Optimization Specialist with experience in web development, content marketing, and analytics. A successful candidate will lead a wide-range of content initiatives to help drive website search traffic, as well as increase engagement, retention, and brand awareness. This role requires a high level of creativity, a deep understanding of, and comfort with FAIR’s mission, attention to detail, project management skills and a head for data. The Content Specialist is part of the digital team and reports to FAIR’s Director of Digital Communications Strategy.
- Identify and implement SEO best practices for the organization, performing keyword research, defining target keywords, identifying growth opportunities, informing our content strategy and plan, optimizing individual website pages, blogs, social profiles, digital advertising, email marketing, etc.,
- Define requirements for website page structure that will result in discovery of the website and content in search engines,
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, competitor analysis, and audience research to identify content gaps and opportunities and drive content planning/creation,
- Analyze content performance and use data insights to maximize results,
- Elevate and evolve content to acquire, engage, and convert online supporters,
- Collaborate and provide guidance to organization departments to generate content with SEO and search marketing best practices always in mind,
- Stay up-to-date with best practices in writing for the web, web usability and industry trends,
- Manage, track and report SEO and content discovery KPIs,
- Support digital team with various tasks (sending emails, posting to blog, creating petitions, posting to website, etc.) as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as communications or marketing.
- 2-4 years of related, proven successful work experience, preferably with an advocacy-oriented non-profit organization or a political campaign.
- Breadth of digital marketing expertise: website administration, analytics, mobile optimization, SEO.
- Deep understanding of content management systems and experience working with mid to large size website (1000+) pages/documents.
- Solid knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- A collaborative spirit and team orientation.
- Desire to work in a dynamic policy field.
- Experience creating compelling messages for different audiences.
- Excellent writing, reporting, and editing skills.
- Solid foundational understanding of web analytics and traditional digital media KPIs; experience with Google Analytics a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work both cooperatively with departments across the organization and independently when appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a program with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities, driving projects to completion.
- Proficiency in Google Search Console and other SEO tools for performance tracking and keyword research highly desired.
Cover letter indicating familiarity with FAIR mission, resume, and one writing sample are required for your application to be considered. Please submit the required documents to e-mail address listed on posting on FAIR’s website (www.fairus.org). Transcripts will be requested if selected for interview.
This position is located at FAIR's headquarters in Washington, D.C. It is a full-time, non-exempt position. FAIR offers generous benefits; salary is commensurate with experience. The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
(Candidates are encouraged to visit FAIR webpage to learn more about the organization).
Minimum Education Required