Details: Competitive salary with generous benefits. Relocation expenses negotiable.
219 Riggs Road Northeast
District of Columbia
Food & Friends provides freshly prepared meals, nutrition counseling, and friendship to people living with AIDS, cancer, and other life challenging illnesses. Our team of sixty employees and thousands of volunteers delivers meals and hope to people living in the District of Columbia and several counties across Maryland and Virginia. There is no charge or income qualification for our services, which are rendered solely on the basis of medical need.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Program Services will:
· provide strategic executive leadership to Food & Friends’ programmatic operations inclusive of kitchen and delivery operations, client services, nutrition services, and volunteer services;
· supervise senior management in each programmatic division;
· oversee the strategic development and enhancement of program services to meet evolving community and organizational needs;
· establish, interpret, and uphold service protocols;
· develop and monitor programmatic budgets;
· provide quarterly reports to Board of Directors; and
· collaborate with senior management throughout the organization in strategic and contingency planning initiatives.
Additionally, the Director will foster and maintain relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including peers at other social service agencies and government funders.
The successful candidate will have a BA/BS (Master’s degree preferred) in social work, public health, nutrition, or related field; a valid driver’s license; and at least five years of senior management experience at a social service or health care organization. Must have demonstrated success in supervising a team of professionals. Additional requirements include superb written and verbal communication skills, ability and willingness to give public presentations, experience crafting and monitoring organizational budgets, and an ability to work with diverse populations. Must be willing to work some evenings, weekends and holidays. Offer of employment contingent upon a pre-employment drug test.
Food & Friends provides a competitive salary and generous benefits. Relocation expenses negotiable. Our staff enjoys a high quality, diverse work environment that includes short Fridays and casual dress. Food & Friends is Metro accessible, and has free on-site parking.
Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Personal Days
Paid Vacation Days
Paid Sick Days
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Mr. Lucas Ginn
Food & Friends
219 Riggs Road, NE
Washington, DC 20011
No phone calls, please
Food & Friends is an Equal Opportunity Employer