1625 Massachutsetts Ave. NW
Summary: Vital Voices Global Partnership is seeking a Program Coordinator to support the program implementation of projects in Africa and Latin America within the Human Rights Department. The work location for this position will be in Washington, DC. This is a full time position. This position is open until filled.
- Program Development and Implementation: Support program planning and execution, including logistical preparations, as well as support in the development of content and materials for events, trainings, and technical assistance projects.
- Case Management: Support the Voices Against Violence Initiative in processing applications for urgent assistance.
· Financial Management: Drafting program budgets, update forecasts, and track project spending. Working with the Vital Voices Finance team to process invoices, contracts, and expense reports.
- Relationship Management: Identify and liaise with key stakeholders and partners. Maintain contact and relationships with organizations, individuals, and participants on VV’s behalf. Maintain database of program participants, experts, partners, and vendors.
· Communications: Create 1-pagers, concept notes, other communications documents for Human Rights team and specific program. Develop and edit program descriptions on VV website and other print or electronic media.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field plus 2 – 4 years of work experience required, OR Graduate degree in international relations or a related field, plus 1 – 3 years of work experience required.
· Strong demonstrated interest in global women’s issues and human rights, particularly gender-based violence;
· Experience living, working and/or studying abroad (experience in Africa and Latin America preferred);
· Advanced language proficiency in French and Spanish, REQUIRED;
· Excellent oral and written communications skills;
· Strong research and analytical skills, with an emphasis on keen editing skills and attention to detail;
· Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes under urgent time constraints, is necessary;
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply:
Please e-mail the following to HR@vitalvoices.org using “Position Title – Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail:
a letter of interest indicating current salary, salary expectations, and availability
a writing sample
three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.