2101 L St., NW
The Technical Solutions Associate directly supports team operations and serves as the main point of contact and support for staff who conduct product development and present the business case for existing and potential USGBC customers. As a member of the Technical Solutions team at USGBC, this individual will provide capacity building, greater access to existing and new markets, and value creation to the mission of USGBC. Technical Solutions ensures the success of USGBC and GBCI products while allowing for continuous improvement, future growth of the organization and further transformation of global sustainability markets.
This position will work with team members as they develop products and solutions that help customers more easily access USGBC’s product offerings and is located in USGBC’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. They will provide efficient and comprehensive support to executive team members, including scheduling and managing logistics for large client meetings and educational programs, preparing documents, e-filing and overseeing team management tracking materials and repositories. Up to half of this position (no more than 20 hours/week) can be spent in support of the LEED Associate position.
- Oversee tracking and reporting business function interactions with customers and market sectors across the team during pricing, closing, and contracting at appropriate points in the sales cycle.
- Serve as the central point of contact for departmental communications and engagements.
- Coordinate and deliver department-wide meetings and events using online meeting platforms; collaborate with other departments to ensure that resources and technology needs are met.
- Support the timely execution of projects by tracking, generating and delivering to senior staff reports on project status, accomplishments and challenges, and related metrics.
- Assist in the communication of projects and priorities to external stakeholders.
Market sector support
- Work closely with marketing and business functions to develop effective sales tools for response to customer needs and related inquiries.
- As market needs are identified and gaps in current offerings emerge, assist team members in enhancing current programs and develop new offerings to further engage customers with products such as LEED.
- Participate in the development and execution of effective rollout plans for each new solution or program, including securing necessary resources, internal training and external messaging of new offerings and/or product features.
- Collaborate with other departments and program managers to determine how products and services could be made or modified to suit customers' needs.
- Document preparation, including PowerPoint presentations
- E-filing and managing online document repositories
- Other duties as assigned
Education & experience requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years office experience
Other required skills & qualifications
- Strong computer skills including demonstrated fluency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Salesforce (preferred) and database management
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs, follow tasks through to completion, quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and customer service and relationship-building skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing and public speaking
- Ability to work well with a diverse professional staff, take on special projects and work independently and to exercise independent judgment when appropriate
- Excellent attention to detail
- Superior organizational skills
Preferred skills and qualifications
- LEED Green Associate or AP with specialty
- 2 years of experience in green building and sustainable design
- 2 years of experience in customer relations and support
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Please email email@example.com or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
Note the title of the position you are applying for and your salary requirements.
Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
No phone calls, please.