45-43 39th Street
Position Summary: The Sunnyside Home Care Department is responsible for ensuring the provision of safe and appropriate care and service-delivery to the clients it serves in accordance with New York State Department of Health regulations, contractual requirements and current practice standards. The Nursing Department Clerk is responsible for helping to fulfill that objective by: 1). assisting with the proactive review of clinical record documentation. 2). performing data entry activities. 3). ensuring accurate and timely filing of clinical documents, and 4). performs general clerical duties that support the smooth daily operation of the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Nursing Department Clerk may also perform other duties, as assigned.
- Assists with entering client information into HCPLUS.
- Collects daily Client Hospitalization Log from Home Care Coordinators.
- Verifies client resumption of service in HCPLUS according to department protocols.
- Ensures nursing visit documents are filed accurately and timely in the client’s file.
- Files other clinical related documents such as, visit logs and authorizations accurately and timely.
- Assists with follow up activities for obtaining medical orders.
- Assembles and maintains an adequate supply of nursing visit documentation packets.
- Reviews initial client documentation to ensure compliance.
- Creates new client files.
- Ensures client file cabinets are well maintained for the easy retrieval and maintenance of client files.
- Assists the Clinical Manager with nursing visit assignments.
- Assists the Clinical Manager with creating accurate and timely interim medical order.
- Maintains the Supplemental Client Emergency Equipment Log.
- Forwards completed client discharge summaries to the client’s authorized practitioner.
- Accurately maintains tracking logs, as assigned.
- Reviews discharged client files for completeness before filing the discharged cabinets.
- Keeps Clinical Manager/designee informed of issues affecting the department.
- Maintains effective, open-lines of communication with other departmental staff.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, as assigned. EOE
Excellent Benefit Package
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required