Details: AmeriCorps Living Stipend + Segal Education Award, other AmeriCorps benefits
655 Broad Street
Patient Care VISTA
Work with top medical and community volunteers at our award winning free clinic on our 9-Member VISTA Team to advocate for and serve low-income uninsured patients, in the vibrant city of Providence. Become a Patient Care AmeriCorps VISTA at Rhode Island Free Clinic for a year of national service in “the Domestic Peace Corps.” Gain transferrable skills in health care, business management, project planning, program development, and human resources. One position available to start in November 2018.
Rhode Island Free Clinic (www.rifreeclinic.org) is nationally recognized for its volunteer/community partner model. In 2018 the Clinic mobilizes an active statewide corps of over 600 medical volunteers, support professionals, and community partners throughout RI to provide nearly 7,000 patient visits and a medical home to uninsured, low-income RI adults. We believe in strengthening our community by giving people resources and education to help themselves. The Clinic also serves as a training site for aspiring healthcare professionals. Services and training are provided at the Clinic in Providence at its state-of-the-art, 8,000 square foot facility, and around RI at the sites of our collaborating partners.
The Clinic seeks a savvy, detail oriented, flexible and capable problem solver with demonstrated initiative, and excellent organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills to recruit, train, schedule, recognize, and report on volunteers, and to build relationships with community partners to consolidate patient advocacy and information initiatives. An integral part of the Clinic’s team of 10 staff and 9 AmeriCorps VISTAs, this person is responsible to strengthen the Clinic’s patient services, contribute to developing strategies, procedures, problem-solving, adopting best practices, and to thrive in the Clinic’s highly professional, personable, and dynamic volunteer model.
· Build the Clinic’s capacity in patient care services by actively working with our VISTA Team and award-winning corps of volunteer medical professionals, community partners, and support personnel
· Work with staff & VISTA Team to build capacity & enhance delivery of patient care including volunteer recruitment & management
· Enhance process of, and volunteer support for, Patient Assistance Program (free medicine)
· Enhance process of, and volunteer support for, Patient Eligibility Screenings
· Design & implement marketing strategies to welcome patients, and deliver informational materials that promote patient education and chronic disease management
· Help improve effectiveness and efficiency of Clinic resources including Electronic Health Records
· Develop programs to engage retired and senior volunteers, college-student trainees, and interns
· Develop our Patient Care Manual
· Champion emerging Clinic initiatives including student training, behavioral health, dental health, immunization & and wellness services
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Savvy self-starter with demonstrated initiative interested in medicine or public health
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills
· Flexible and capable problem solver with entrepreneurial, can-do spirit
· Creative thinker, enthusiastic people-person and team player with the ability to motivate others
· Commitment to the Clinic’s mission, volunteer model, and service to the uninsured
· Bilingual English and Spanish are highly preferred but not required
PLEASE GO TO: http://www.americorps.gov/about/programs/vista.asp - Please review AmeriCorps VISTA information on this site. Click on the box “Apply Now”, then “Start Your Search”, then “Search the My AmeriCorps Portal” and “Continue.” For the search, select the “Rhode Island” and “AmeriCorps VISTA” options. Scroll until you find “RI Free Clinic Patient Care VISTA”, click on it, “Apply Now”. Finish and submit your application with references. Applications must be submitted through this AmeriCorps VISTA site. The Clinic cannot accept applications directly.
Rhode Island Free Clinic is an equal opportunity employer.
Program Benefits :
Training , Relocation Allowance , Stipend , Health Coverage* , Childcare assistance if eligible , Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend , Living Allowance , Education award upon successful completion of service .
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish is highly preferred but not required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
PLEASE GO TO: http://www.americorps.gov/about/programs/vista.asp -
Please review AmeriCorps VISTA information on this site.
Click on the box “Apply Now”, then “Start Your Search”, then “Search the My AmeriCorps Portal” and “Continue.” For the search, select the “Rhode Island” and “AmeriCorps VISTA” options. Scroll until you find “RI Free Clinic Patient Care VISTA”, click on it, “Apply Now”.
Finish and submit your application with references. Applications must be submitted through this AmeriCorps VISTA site. The Clinic cannot accept applications directly.