Data Analyst, ATLAS
ATLAS® is a web-based platform that allows the public searching for high-quality addiction treatment to locate and compare facilities. ATLAS includes trustworthy, standardized quality data on the services available and feedback on the services reported by other patients. ATLAS helps the public navigate to better quality care and supports providers in quality improvement efforts.
The core mission of Shatterproof is to reverse the addiction crisis in America and to serve patients and families. ATLAS fulfills Shatterproof’s goal of leveraging quality measures to increase transparency in and encourage improvements to addiction treatment. It is based upon Shatterproof’s National Principles of Care© and stems from the work of the Shatterproof Substance Use Disorder Treatment Task Force.
ATLAS collects facility-level data from multiple, validated sources. Data from these sources is displayed in public-facing dashboards that allow for easy comparison between facilities. Moreover, ATLAS promotes quality improvement by offering password-protected portals for facilities, payers, and states to view and use the data to drive quality improvement and innovations in the field.
ATLAS is currently live in six states (DE, LA, MA, NC, NY, WV), and will be expanding to five additional states in 2022 (CA, FL, NJ, OK, PA) as well as more in the future. Shatterproof works closely with many addiction treatment stakeholders, including provider and medical organizations, payers, and recovery advocates, to ensure successful and collaborative implementation.
ATLAS is an initiative overseen by a cross-functional team, composed of data, platform, and state engagement staff, who work in NYC or remotely.
The ATLAS Team at Shatterproof seeks an experienced Data Analyst to support on the collection, processing, management, and analyses of data gathered from addiction treatment facilities to assess their quality of care.
The ATLAS Treatment Facility Survey has been developed and piloted in Phase 1 but will need to be updated and collected via a new system in Phase 2 to support multi-state data collection. The data system will need to support longitudinal data tracking and analyses. The Data Analyst will support in building and piloting the survey as well as collecting, processing, and analyzing the data in preparation for updating the TreatmentATLAS.org platform. In addition to the Treatment Facility Survey, the Data Analyst will support on the Patient Experience Survey. This position will work collaboratively with a data analytics contractor and will be supervised by the Vice President, Treatment Quality and Strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Build survey tool to ensure an efficient data collection process and that outputs can be tracked longitudinally with existing data.
· Manage the data system and database. Collaborate with technical staff to design and create effective, long-term data management processes.
· Support, plan, and coordinate operations for multiple data collection periods, including monitoring and evaluating survey progress and performance, using sample disposition reports and response rate calculations, and working with the team to advise and implement technical strategies to increase participation rate.
· Determine and document details of data collection, management, and analyses, including sources of information, procedures used, the design of survey instruments and materials, data collection methods, sampling designs, data cleaning, validation and analysis plans, and decisions related to sample statistical weighting.
· Merge, clean, and validate collected survey data. Conduct quality assurance processes to ensure data integrity. Identify and solve any data issues.
· Transform and prepare data for loading into database, in concert with website and data analytics contractors. Conduct quality assurance processes to ensure data are imported as expected.
· Perform statistical analyses in alignment with program goals and objectives.
· Prepare and present visualizations, summaries, analyses, and publications of survey data, including tables, graphs, and fact sheets that describe data collection process and results. Aid in data-driven storytelling as appropriate.
· Propose and incorporate data from other sources to contextualize findings and enhance visualizations.
· Lead the Network Integrity initiative with payer partners; work with external IT partners, as necessary.
· Minimum of 3+ years of experience in data analysis and management
· Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, public health, mathematics, or related field is required. Master’s degree in related field is preferred
· Demonstrated experience in handling large, multi-state data sets and relational databases
Shatterproof is a national nonprofit dedicated to reversing the addiction crisis in the United States.
Addiction is the most significant health crisis in the United States today.
For the 20.4 million adults in America with a substance use disorder (SUD), the devastation caused by the disease can be crushing. In 2018, more than 175,000 deaths in the U.S. were related to alcohol and other drugs – the third largest cause of death in the nation. Of those deaths, 47,000 were from an opioid overdose. The opioid crisis also cost society an estimated $179 billion to $696 billion in 2018 alone. These impacts are felt across a broad swath of society, from health care to employers to the government.
Even more tragic, the social isolation and anxiety brought on by COVID-19 has made the addiction crisis that much worse. Addressing this health crisis is more important now than ever. Recent reporting indicates that overdoses in May 2020 were 42% higher than in May 2019.
Founded by hospitality executive Gary Mendell in 2013, Shatterproof draws from the extensive business experience of its senior leadership and uses a for-profit, ROI-focused lens to create results. Our strict commitment to science, evidence-based solutions, and transformational change has informed the business plan we execute daily. Our business plan includes work within the following three key pillars:
1. Revolutionizing the treatment system.
We are transforming the healthcare delivery system so that every person facing addiction has access to quality care and treatment based on science.
2. Breaking down addiction-related stigmas.
Addiction is a treatable disease, not a weakness. By changing people’s attitudes and behaviors, we’re reducing the shame in order to encourage patients to seeking life- saving treatment, and providing reassurance, compassion, and support for a full and fulfilling life.
3. Supporting and empowering our communities.
We are providing science-based educational resources that aid in the prevention, treatment and recovery of addiction, while building hope, confidence and resiliency within families and communities, and advocating for life-saving policies.
Shatterproof’s growth and achievements are a testament to our investors and the growing number of stakeholders and communities rising up against addiction. Together, we can reverse this health crisis and create a better and brighter future, free from the disease of addiction and the stigma that surrounds it.
For more information, please visit Accomplishments.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “[Name] ATLAS Data Analyst Application.” Applicants who do not send both materials will not be considered.
Shatterproof values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or prior arrest history. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Data Analyst, ATLAS
ATLAS® is a web-based platform that allows the public searching for high-quality addiction treatment to locate and compare facilities. ATLAS includes trustworthy, standardized quality data on the services available…