1512 Townsend Avenue
Settlement Housing Fund’s (SHF) is seeking a full time Aftercare Case Manager to manage the service delivery for families transitioning from homelessness to permanent housing at New Settlement Apartments (NSA) in the south west Bronx. The mission of Aftercare Services is to reduce the recidivism rate of families returning to shelter. This is a community-based position servicing the families of NSA. In coordination with other SHF staff, the Aftercare Case Manager will identify possible barriers to permanency and secure the resources necessary to promote stability.
· Meets with assigned families on a regularly scheduled basis in their home in the community and in the office dependent upon the individual's/family's level of need
· Ensure completion of ongoing timely case notes recording service delivery; including but not limited to intakes.
· Identify service needs and appropriate intervention(s) to assist the family with desired outcome
· Provide direct supportive counseling and/or outreach services.
· Provide information and referral services to residents as needed or as specified in the service plan.
· Identify entitlements, short term rental assistance and other resources applicable to the family’s needs
· Serves as a liaison with various social service agencies, schools, and health care providers in the interest of the clients.
· Advocates for and assists families in the negotiation of the service delivery system, to ensure receipt of entitlements and maintenance of permanent housing.
· Participates in weekly staff meeting and client conferences as needed.
Bachelors of Social Work or Human Services. At least 3-5 years of professional experience working with formerly homeless or currently homeless families. Applicant must have extensive knowledge of the various city social service agencies and community based agencies that can service the families. Applicant must also have strong case management, assessment and counseling skills. Familiarity working with families of diverse cultures, ethnicities and socioeconomic status. Computer literate with strong written and oral communication.
Master’s Degree in Social Work. Strong clinical skills with training in crisis interventions, strength-based, solution-focused and family-centered practice. It is strongly preferred if the applicant is bilingual in English and Spanish.
Background check will be performed.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
SHF is a non-discriminatory and equal opportunity employer and recipient of U.S. Department of Labor YouthBuild funds.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send Resume and Cover Letter and include "Aftercare Case Manager" in the subject line.