The Manager, Operations will work closely with staff and the leadership team to execute the organization’s overall operational and systematic needs. In addition, this individual will manage the organization’s non-profit finance, information technology, and office operations to guarantee seamless coordination and optimal support of programmatic activities and collaborative integration across the organization.
This position also provides an opportunity for individuals to gain an in-depth understanding of all aspects of Achieve Atlanta and to understand the inner workings of a dynamic non-profit.
Detailed Job Responsibilities:
- Supports implementation of the organization’s strategy for critical infrastructure functions - finance, information technology, administrative operations, and facilities.
- Supports Director, Operations & Systems in managing organization’s operating procedures and policies, implements a continuous improvement cycle to ensure they are kept current and ensures all staff members are regularly trained and informed.
- Executes daily administrative and organizational operations, such as processing payments, invoicing, and vendor management.
- Prepares monthly budget to actuals reports for the Executive Leadership Team and board’s finance subcommittee.
- Helps implement a cross-functional process for the organization’s strategic planning, budgeting, target-setting, and outcome management.
- Implements organizational information technology plan, including software applications, IT security, infrastructure, and hardware necessary to facilitate in-person and virtual work across the team.
- Liaises with Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta and external IT provider for various technology and finance functions.
- Supports planning of meetings and events (both virtual and in-person) in collaboration with program and executive leadership teams and executes meeting logistics.
- Manages facilities plan, covering both acquisitions and maintenance, based on implications for operations and finances.
- Defines processes and guidelines for managing and maintaining facilities.
- Works closely with program teams to support effective working relationships and helps oversee programmatic operations to seek operational effectiveness, efficiency, and alignment with program goals and the organization-wide procedures and policies.
- Manages and supports organizational and programmatic projects as needed.
Experience & Competencies:
The Manager, Operations must be a positive, energetic, and proactive strategic thinker who is thoroughly committed to Achieve Atlanta’s strategy and mission. Additionally, experience within a start-up / entrepreneurial environment will be beneficial given Achieve Atlanta’s stage in development. The ideal candidate will have the following experience and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of three years of relevant work experience in non-profit finance, accounting, human resources and/or operations
- Advanced knowledge and skills in non-profit finance and accounting, as well as direct experience working with Windows Office 365, Salesforce, and a willingness to learn additional software and systems as required
- Strong project management skills, alongside an ability to anticipate, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks. Process improvement experience a plus
- Willingness to take on the tough projects and challenges to support growth with a “roll-up your sleeves” mentality
- Experience and passion for identifying ways to improve how things are done and a sense of ownership that leads to the creation and implementation of new better methods and practices
- Demonstrated cultural competence, critical consciousness, and ability to work across lines of difference
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Deeply invested in and inspired by Achieve Atlanta’s mission and core values
- Belief and understanding that the work that we do has an extraordinary impact on the college success of Atlanta Public Schools students and alumni
Achieve Atlanta is a values-driven organization. Each team member must ground his/her work in the following core values:
- Unwavering Belief: An unshakeable belief in our students is the inspiration and fuel for everything we do.
- Champion for Students: Our belief in students is backed by action. With their dreams as the foundation for our work, we break down systemic barriers, earn trust, and build capacity so that ultimately, students can be their own champions.
- Expectation of Excellence: Excellence requires effort, tenacity, responsibility, and integrity that lead to high-quality work. It is the standard we set for ourselves and the model we demonstrate to students and our community of stakeholders.
- Intentional Collaboration: We cannot achieve our vision alone. We deliberately build partnerships that work toward common goals and create sustainable growth and change.
- Continuous Innovation: We are relentlessly curious and encourage thoughtful risk-taking. We must be nimble enough to pursue promising ideas, yet humble enough to learn from the outcomes.
Salary and Benefits:
- This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits. Achieve Atlanta has a flexible work environment and is currently implementing a remote work model due to COVID-19.
Achieve Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of qualifications. Achieve Atlanta policy prohibits unlawful discrimination in any employment decision based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.