Administrative Assistant. Part Time. Connecticut Division. American Liver Foundation
- Job posted by American Liver Foundation, National Office
AMERICAN LIVER FOUNDATION
(Part-Time Position, 15-20 hours)
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) is the nation's leading non-profit organization promoting liver health and disease prevention. ALF provides research, education and advocacy for those affected by liver-related diseases.
PRIMARY FUNCTION/PURPOSE: This position reports to the Executive Director of the Connecticut Division. The work location is North Haven, Connecticut. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for a variety of administrative and support work related to the Division’s activities including but not limited to: office management, administrative support, and bookkeeping for special events, program campaigns and Board/Medical Advisory Committee functions. He/she supports four full-time staff members and reports to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform administrative tasks necessary to the maintenance of the Division, including (but not limited to) answering telephone, greeting visitors, responding to emails and regular mail, handling financial operations; handling logistics for fundraising events and educational programs; maintaining office supplies; disseminating educational information as needed
- Accounting and financial operations of Division (working with Executive Director and Managers): prepare deposits, process donations, update relevant files and databases, manage accounts payable functions, collect funds and process invoices, and utilize QuickBooks for budgeting purposes and to reconcile monthly and annual financial reports, documenting meeting minutes
- General office operations: prepare and track acknowledgement letters for all donations and memorial gifts, update files and databases for office data, recruit and coordinate volunteers for fundraising events, and create and manage database reports and lists for mailings
- Support fundraising activities through auction solicitation, general mailings, and social media postings, General office operations: track Division acknowledgements and written memorials: manage databases for office data; recruit and coordinate volunteers for fundraising events; and prepare monthly e-newsletter.6
- The Administrative Assistant must also be able to anticipate, plan, prioritize and react to changing needs and situations with professionalism and integrity. Performs other duties as required to meet the needs of the American Liver Foundation.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience preferably in a similar non-profit environment
- Highly effective organization, multi-tasking, attention to detail, oral and written communication, negotiation, results-driven, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be comfortable on the phone and talking with diverse constituents and able to use multimedia communications.
- Team player committed to promoting the growth and success of ALF and the division
- High value on transparency, operate with a sense of urgency and driven by self-motivation.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, MS Office Suite, (Word, Excel, Power Point) and social media
- Must use and understand social media marketing. Able to use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including occasional nights/or weekend work.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree a plus (or equivalent in education, training and experience)
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Bi-Lingual a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) will aspire to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of its work and will demonstrate its commitment to and accountability for an inclusive environment in which differences are recognized, respected, valued and celebrated.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to be reviewed. No calls will be accepted. No agencies. Applicants of interest will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until the position is Thank you for applying for our position.
Send responses to: email@example.com