815 Silver Spring Ave
Crittenton Services of Greater Washington seeks a talented, high-energy professional to fill our Fundraising Specialist position. We are an entrepreneurial team seeking the right person to help expand our fundraising and communications impact. If you care deeply about advancing teen girls' bright futures, this newly re-calibrated position is ideal for you.
You will focus your talents in the areas of individual giving, events management, and print and online communications. You will be a core member of the resource development team consisting of the President/CEO, Deputy Director, and development consultants. We are looking for an individual with 2-4 years of experience and a progressive track-record of fundraising success. You will be asked to demonstrate excellent writing and verbal communication skills. You must be be organized, detail-oriented, and passionate about improving the lives and futures of teen girls and young women. The ideal candidate inspires confidence, within the organization and in the community. The work is high-paced and dynamic, therefore we seek a candidate that thrives in that environment.
The Development Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Assists with management of the President and CEO's donor portfolio to ensure all assigned donors are cultivated, solicited, and stewarded appropriately utilizing a moves management approach.
- Coordinate individual giving efforts and campaigns, which will including crafting giving requests and communicating with/thanking donors and potential donors, planning small to mid-sized private events, and supporting peer-to-peer giving through Board members and other champions.
- Manage a growing portfolio of foundation relationships and requests.
- Manage large parts of the annual High Tea and Anniversary Celebration events, including guest/sponsors outreach and relations, venue logistics and catering, event collateral, and day-of operations.
- Manage donor CRM (DonorPerfect), including donation processing, acknowledgements, and reports.
- Manage Crittenton website, eNewsletter, and social media with relevant stories, events, impact data, etc.
- Update, strengthen, and maintain outreach materials, including brochures, community reports, annual impact report, and donation requests.
Core competences required:
· BA Degree
· Two to four years of growing development experience and measurable funding successes
· Reliable and detail-oriented; able to work well in an adapting, fast-paced environment
· Excellent writing and editing skills
· Relevant experience in event production
· Demonstrated ability to communicate well with colleagues and the community
· Experience in the digital space, including managing websites, blogs, social media, and other online platforms
· Knowledge in, or ability to learn DonorPerfect database
· Interest in issues affecting teen girls and the role of the community and the public in social change is a plus
Crittenton Services of Greater Washington empowers teen girls to overcome obstacles, make positive choices, and achieve their goals through school-based positive youth development programs in the Greater Washington Area.
Through our programs, teen girls learn to value their gifts and develop essential life skills. Most importantly, they attain a belief in their ability to succeed.
For three decades the results have been life changing: the girls in our programs are staying in school, avoiding pregnancy, graduating from high school, and going on to college and careers.
Crittenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and a writing sample (2 pages) to Info@crittentonservices.org. We will be considering applications on a rolling basis until June 22nd.
Start date flexible. No phone calls, please.