Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
Building Skills Partnership (BSP) is a non-profit whose mission it is to improve the quality of life for low-wage property service workers and their families by increasing their skills, access to education and opportunities for career and community advancement..
The LAX Emergency Preparedness Instructor will be responsible for teaching 3--5 days per week at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and surrounding areas. The LAX Emergency Preparedness Instructor will assist the LAX Program Coordinator in the expansion of LAX Emergency Preparedness Program to train 5,000 LAX passenger service workers annually at LAX. The LAX Emergency Preparedness Instructor will assist LAX Program Coordinator developing curriculum, creating a training plan for multi-year training program as well as teaching topics established by the Los Angeles World Airport (LAWA) Emergency Management Department. This is a full-time position that requires regular off-site travel to training sites as well as some night and weekend work.
- Instruction – will teach various emergency preparedness classes as time permits.
- Curriculum Development – will play an active role in expanding and improving Freshman year curriculum as well as assisting in research and developing of progressive curriculum to be taught in subsequent years. Additionally, will track feedback from 2018 training sessions to develop position specific training topics.
- Multi Year Training Plan - will assist LAX Program Coordinator in creating a multi year, progressive training plan for Certified Service Provider Employees.
- Intake Forms and Rosters - will be familiar with the intake forms and rosters used by BSP.
- Instructor and Peer Training – will collaborate with LAX Program Coordinator to create and implement training program for contract instructors as well as peer trainers.
- Class Visits and Employer Relations – will be responsible for doing periodic check-ins and class observations to ensure quality training sessions.
- Must be available during the evening and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Technology, Emergency Management or related field, preferred. (Experience in lieu of education considered.)
- Bilingual in Spanish/English required.
- At least 2 years of experience in program management and curriculum development
- Experience managing delivering professional development preferred.
- 3+ years of teaching experience providing classroom instruction to adult learners.
- Flexibility, strong organization skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills.
- Commitment to social and economic justice.
- Flexibility, strong organization skills, and attention to detail.
- Professional appearance and demeanor with the ability to interact and build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds and titles.
- Motivated self starter with the ability to work independently and with little guidance.
- Excellent benefit package including full family health coverage, dental and vision.
- Pension plan (3 years vesting period).
- $100/mo. cell phone stipend
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish/English required both written and oral.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Submit resume with a cover letter to: email@example.com
- Please address the following points in your cover letter:
- Describe your interest and qualifications
- Describe a time when you showed great attention to detail in your work.
- Describe a time in your professional work where you went above and beyond.
- Position will be opened until filled. First round of interviews to take place the week of August 13, 2018.