Details: This position includes a comprehensive health, benefits and vacation package with a salary commensurate with experience.
About Youth Radio
Headquartered in Oakland, CA, Youth Radio is a one-of-a-kind, youth-driven production company which, through a variety of outlets including our own platform, reaches audiences in the tens of millions. YR is the winner of multiple journalism honors including the Peabody, Columbia-Dupont, Kennedy, Murrow, and White House Awards.
We are at a pivotal point in the organization’s life as we enter into an exciting phase of growth and expansion as a national network. As we grow, we seek exceptional talent with an entrepreneurial spirit, who can lead us to the future of Youth Radio.
At Youth Radio we hire smart, passionate people who connect with our values and seek a collaborative environment where employees can do their best work. We seek people who are hard working, creative, fun and driven to go above and beyond to take our organization to the next level. We hire people who believe in the talent and potential of every young person and consider it a great opportunity to collaborate with them to create something new and important.
Youth Radio seeks a detail-oriented, high-energy administrator to join our development team as the Development Associate. Our mission is to secure those opportunities for youth whose voices are missing from the mainstream media landscape by launching them onto career and education pathways with a strong foundation of hands-on training in digital media and technology, complemented by a full array of wrap-around services to support their success.
The Development Associate is responsible for a range of priorities including managing grant and donor files, administrative support, database management and other tasks as assigned. This is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Institutional Giving.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain foundation, government, corporation and individual donor files, both hard copies and digital records in Salesforce;
- Establish best practices in Salesforce, possibly including customizing user interface/reporting capabilities;
- Compile and submit supplemental documents for grant proposals;
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence;
- Create fundraising reports and other database reports as needed;
- Work with Evaluation Manager to gather metrics that show the impact of our programming for grant reports;
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation or individual donors;
- Coordinate site visits and meetings, working with other departments as needed
- Maintain development team calendar and assign duties as needed;
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior experience working on a non-profit development team;
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills;
- Strong writing, editing and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines, and simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Experience with Salesforce;
- A high level of energy and initiative, along with flexibility and a sense of humor;
- Strong contributor in team environments;
Youth Radio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample