633 3rd Avenue
Smile Train, is seeking an Associate, Community Fundraising to join our team. This position will work with the existing Community Fundraising team to empower supporters to raise funds and awareness for Smile Train. The position will also create new opportunities for Smile Train to engage with both individuals and community groups.
- Respond to all inquiries about DIY and milestone fundraising initiatives though email, phone, mail and social media. Ensure that supporters are utilizing Smile Train’s fundraising tools, including online fundraising pages and downloadable resources. Support each fundraiser in a personalized manner to ensure that each event is a success.
- Develop and implement a national recruitment strategy for Smile Train’s Young Leadership Circle (YLC) chapters. Organize informational calls and meetings with prospective members throughout the country and assist with the board member on-boarding process. Provide support at NYC YLC events throughout the year.
- Organize quarterly volunteer nights at Smile Train HQ. Manage communications to volunteer database and recruit volunteers to assist at Smile Train events throughout the country.
- Support Smile Train’s athletic fundraising program, Team Empower, with alumni engagement, communications and premium fulfillment.
- Gather stories, videos and photos from DIY fundraisers that can be shared on Smile Train’s website and social media channels.
- Respond to a wide array of inquiries that come to the Community Fundraising email inbox.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of professional experience. Experience in fundraising, marketing, sales or related field preferred.
- Experience writing copy and editing
- A self-starter with project/time management skills and a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively as part of a team required.
- Outgoing and engaging personality
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Experience in event planning and/or campaign management is preferred but not required
Smile Train offers a very competitive benefits package with health, vision, dental, and 401k with match.
Minimum Education Required