Details: This position pays $20.00 per hour.
625 Jamaica Avenue
With community residents leading the way, the mission of Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation (CHLDC) is to build a strong, sustainable Cypress Hills/East New York, where youth and adults achieve educational and economic success, secure healthy and affordable housing, and develop leadership skills to transform their lives and community.
Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation has an opening for part-time Lifeguards for our Summer Camp Program in the Youth and Family Services division. This position is hourly (20 – 25 hours per week).
Our Summer Camp Swim program operates Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays. We serve elementary and middle school youth in programs that encompasses educational enrichment, recreation and the arts with a focus on youth development throughout the summer. Each Summer Camp Lifeguard is expected to protect and nurture the physical, mental and emotional welfare of all campers assigned to him/her from the time the campers arrive until their departure.
- Assist Aquatics Director in the implementation of safety plans for swimming pool.
- Maintain safe swimming conditions in the pool, on deck and surrounding areas.
- Prevent accidents by maintaining constant observation of the pool area, enforcing health and safety rules and maintaining emergency readiness.
- Respond to emergency situations effectively and completes incident and accident reports as required.
- Maintain effective relationships with the campers, counselors and other pool staff.
- Check pool and rescue equipment and promptly reports any problems.
- Promptly report to Aquatics Director all obstacles that may prevent the proper function and condition of the grounds, facilities, and programs.
- Provide precise and accurate feedback and assessments of campers’ attitudes, needs and progress.
- Lead or assist in sports and fitness activities at the camp locations on rained-out days.
- Conduct yourself as a representative of the Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation.
· Demonstrates commitment to leadership development, community building, and community organizing as strategies for social change.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Must be 17 years or older.
· Must have a current lifeguard certification (Supervision Level II as well as CPR and First Aid).
· Must have experience lifeguarding and working with groups of young people.
· Candidate must be enthusiastic, and able to work collaboratively with staff.
Compensation: This position pays $20.00 per hour.
Supervisor: Aquatics Director
To Apply: Please go to our website, www.cypresshills.org. Attach a cover letter, resume, and two (2) references to Lenny Rodriguez. Three (3) written reference letters will be required if chosen for the position.
CYPRESS HILLS LOCAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Minimum Education Required