For over 30 years, Earth Island Institute has been a hub for grassroots campaigns dedicated to conserving, preserving, and restoring the ecosystems on which our civilization depends. By serving as a support system for creative individuals, we are helping to grow the environmental movement. Our sponsored projects address many of the world’s most pressing environmental and social issues and work toward a sustainable future through a combination of education and activism — informing decision-makers, the media, and the general public about global threats and opportunities.
Earth Island Institute’s Project Support Program provides fiscal sponsorship, resources, training, technical assistance, and peer relationships to more than 75 environmental projects. Our goals are to strengthen the capacity of each project to effectively address environmental issues, create synergy between activists working on similar topics, and allow project directors to focus their energy on their campaigns and programs.
This position is part of the Earth Island team serving as liaison, administrative coordinator, and coach to Earth Island Institute sponsored projects under the supervision of the Director of Operations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Project Liaison - This position will be the primary point of contact for a caseload of projects and will work in conjunction with administration, finance, and human resources staff to coordinate services and training of project directors and staff.
· Administrative Coordinator - This position will coordinate processing, tracking, and reporting for a wide variety of administrative tasks including private foundation and government grants and contracts.
· Coaching & Training - This position will be part of a team of experts providing coaching, training, and technical assistance to project leadership in the areas of organizational management, supervision, fundraising and scale-up of infrastructure.
· Communication & Outreach - This position will help to manage communication & outreach to projects.
· New Project Selection & Orientation- This position will provide input into new project applications and selection.
· Special projects and other administrative duties as assigned – depending on the candidate and their background, several special projects are possible including assisting projects with grant proposals, financial literacy and budget projections, or human resource support, staff on-boarding and supervision.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate, through training and experience, strong customer service, communication and administrative skills, and a willingness to accept and take on new challenges. Familiarity with nonprofit regulations and grant management is required. Qualified applicants must be self-directed, well organized, and focused yet flexible when faced with constantly changing priorities. Collaborative mindset and team building ethic. Exceptional interpersonal communication.
Candidates must be computer literate and have comprehensive working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, Gmail, and Google Docs. Database or web experience is a plus.
For over 30 years, Earth Island Institute has been a hub for grassroots campaigns dedicated to conserving, preserving, and restoring the ecosystems on which our civilization depends. By serving as a support system for creative individuals…
Position is Monday-Friday during regular business hours located in the David Brower Center, 1 block from the Downtown Berkeley BART station. This is a nonexempt position with generous benefits including medical, vision, dental, chiropractic, and paid leave.
Position is Monday-Friday during regular business hours located in the David Brower Center, 1 block from the Downtown Berkeley BART station. This is a nonexempt position with…
Please send your resume along with a cover letter expressing your interest in Earth Island and how your qualifications align with the responsibilities of this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Program Advisor" in the subject line.
Earth Island Institute is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Earth Island does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws, local law, or ordinance.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter expressing your interest in Earth Island and how your qualifications align with the responsibilities of this position to jobs…