To manage the development of sustainable value chains and increase the uptake and awareness of FSC by driving value chain strategy. Based on market intelligence, the incumbent develops and transforms value chains by targeting key players and collaborating with them to implement effective action plans.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- To define the fiber value chain development strategy and goals.
- To map supply chain from forest area to consumer market.
- To initiate, drive and manage value chain development activities and the development of FSC action plans for priority value chains, in collaboration with relevant value chain players.
- To coordinate and produce value chain specific marketing and communication materials in collaboration with the responsible departments.
- To identify and manage external and internal communication channels with relevant sectors (e.g. events, campaigns, market news articles, intranet, customer relation management system).
- To manage the implementation and coordination of partnerships/relationships between FSC and relevant value chain players.
- To coordinate key account relations across other FSC programs globally
- To represent FSC at market related events.
- Additional Tasks as agreed with the Value Chain Development Programme Manager.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
Education and Training:
- University degree, or equivalent in a relevant field (e.g. Business Administration, Marketing, Economics, Forest Products, Public Relations). An MBA would be advantageous.
Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least 5 years of management or consulting experience in one or more of the following: sales/market/business strategy, global market development, strategic key account management and/or related fields.
- Proven track record in managing value chain partnerships, working on sustainability in supply chains and/or value chain development.
- Experience in leading cross-functional project teams and managing complex projects.
- Experience in working with international organisations and international project teams.
- Knowledge of packaging/paper/hygiene industry, market, value chain, and trends is a plus.
- Experience in forest-based industries would be an advantage.
- Budget management.
- Networking skills.
- Strategic thinking and business mindset.
- Good time management skills: ability to perform well while handling simultaneously a number of functions.
- Service and solution-oriented attitude to work.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week
- Duration of Employment: 2 years
- Starting Date: As soon as possible