Details: Commensurate with Experience
1400 16th Street NW
Are you excited to engage and educate smart, entrepreneurial professionals in the affordable housing and historic preservation industries about policy matters and other news that impact their businesses? Do you have experience in event programming for top notch conferences that bring policies to life through real-world examples to demonstrate the opportunities and challenges that policy issues present? Do you enjoy analyzing and writing assisting others to advocate for change?
Then you may be just who we’re looking for to join our team!
Our purpose at Dworbell, Inc., is to manage, lobby and provide communications on behalf of three national trade associations which focus on affordable housing, retirement finance and aging issues. This role will primarily support the National Housing & Rehabilitation Association (NH&RA) to bring together developers, syndicators, investors, market analysts, historic rehabilitation specialists, and others involved in financing and developing affordable housing or historic rehabilitation through powerful networking opportunities and information exchanges. Our small, yet impactful, organization has been in business for decades. Our office is in Dupont Circle, just a short walk from the Metro station.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have strong communication skills and an understanding of the issues that challenge affordable housing: Whether you have a formal background in writing or just a knack for it, we’re looking for someone who can quickly capture the essence of state and federal legislation & regulatory policy, as well as current market conditions, in easy to understand language. You will contribute content for reports, digital and print publications, as well as help to develop, research, write and edit position papers.
- Have experience in event programming: Can you develop roundtable, panel discussion, and conference agendas that inspire others to attend and get involved? Can you proactively connect with industry thought leaders? Are you able to research industry trends and policy developments and translate into thoughtful event themes, panel discussions and/or training sessions? This position plays an important role in developing the content for our conferences based on knowledge of the most pressing policy issues and interests of our membership.
- Are a natural collaborator: The Communications and Policy Manager represents NH&RA at industry events and interacts extensively with Association committee members to drive and moderate meaningful discussions. This role also partners with internal colleagues on membership, marketing and policy communications. The ability to create and sustain relationships and connect contacts to each other is key to success. Strong public speaking and persuasive communication skills are necessary. A sense of humor also helps.
- Enjoy working with successful, high-achieving industry leaders: NH&RA’s members have built top-quality companies by employing and working with forward-thinking and innovative people. They respect, and expect, quality performance.
- Can meet these basic qualifications & attributes: Do you have 5+ years of relevant work experience in affordable housing or community development in a legislative/regulatory, communications, development or trade association position? Have you completed at least a bachelor’s degree? Are you available for periodic travel? One of the perks of the job is that our conferences are held in some very nice to visit locales. You also need to be organized and detail oriented with an ability to multi-task.
Sound like you? Then let’s chat more! We’ll be happy to tell you more about our culture, our client associations and the benefits & perks of working with us.
100% of Employee Medical coverage, generous 401(k) and profit sharing and a casual and collaborative environment.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required